The Human, The Mirror, And a Cat

Author's note
Hi, welcome. I have decided to rewrite this whole book and start updating it again. I haven't posted in a year, so I guess I have been gone for a long time. Well, anyway, hope you enjoy it. BTW english isnt my first language, so i apologize if its shitty.

✩__________✦✻__________✩

A young girl by the name of Y/N is seen walking through the corridors of Ever After High - a school for the children of villains and heroes from all sorts of fairy tales, such as The Sleeping Beauty and Maleficent, or Alice in Wonderland and the Queen of Hearts.

In this school, the students are all divided into a certain group based on their heritage - the Royals and Rebels

Rebels are known as the "cold" and "ruthless" students because their parents might be - for example - The Sea Witch.

Royals, on the other hand, are known because of their good and gentle nature. Supposedly, they are "selfless", "kind" and "considerate"

Each student needs to sign their page of The Storybook of Legends, to fulfill their destiny, and become what their ancestors lived to be.

Our protagonist - Y/N - is the Evil Queen's daughter. Every single person thinks of her as a vile creature, who will just like her mother be trapped in the so-called Mirror Prison. But in reality, she doesn't want to be this kind of person. She doesn't want to be forced to be like her mother.

Lost in thought, she is startled when her best friend - Maddie Hatter - approached her. Maddie was also a rebel, and she was the daughter of the Mad Hatter.

- Y/N!!! Dear, i have just the news for you! They're as fresh as a lemon tart on a summer afternoon tea party! - The blue and purple haired girl excitedly exclaimed. She was jumping up and down in one place.

-Oh? Do tell.- The Y/H/C-nette responded, clearly interested. -What is the thing that is making you not stand in-place?-

-It is a matter to discuss over tea! Lets go along to the cafeteria!- Madeline turned on her heel and started walking in the direction of the canteen. 

-May we talk about this matter here? im afraid that i have potion class in 15 minutes, and i wont be able to make it in-time if we go in the canteen- Queen smiled, placing her palm on her friends' shoulder, in order to stop her making another step. Hatter agreed, and they continued their chat.

The "Important matter" turned out to be a party hosted by Briar Beauty - the sleepy yet fun-loving daughter of the Sleeping Beauty. The Royal had become friendly with these  two, but they wouldnt call them best friends. Either way, they got invited, and were going to go. It would be rude not to. Then, a sound was heard from the speakers. It was one of the headmasters.

-Y/N Raven Queen is needed in the Headmasters Office to discuss graduation. I repeat, Y/N Raven Queen is needed in the Headmasters Office- 

Y/n sighed and stopped in her tracks. What could the headmaster want? Her grades were perfect, she started getting along with more students... only honourable student type of things! Yet, it was most likely the reason she was called in. A Rebel cannot act like a Royal...

-Would you like me to go with you?-Maddie asked, a small glimpse of concern on her face. She didnt want to leave her best friend.

-Im afraid not. I dont want you to loose attendance thanks to me. You go to curses class, i will see you next break, alright?- The Queen exclaimed, and hugged her friend. they bid their goodbye's. But... 

maybe those were their final goodbye's..?

As she walked through the empty hallways and corridors. Her head started hurting, so she stopped near one of the water fountains to drink some water and try to feel better, but the result was the opposite. With every step she took, her dizzyness worsened. Right before the doors to the Headmaster's office, she passed out.

Outside the Headmaster's office, a loud thud was heard from the other side of the door. Headmaster Grim got up, and went over to the doors. He opened them, but there was no one on the other side...

Y/N P.O.V.

What had happened..? Why am i trapped in such a small place..? I thought to myself. After a minute, i stopped feeling dazed, and started moving a bit, trying to break free from the small space that encolsed me. I didnt struggle for long, because the lid of the box opened. A hand held out to me, and i grabbed it. It might've been a bad move, but what could i do in this situation?

I stepped out of the coffin. The light blinded me, but before long, my eyes adjusted and the room wasn't as full of light as it seemed to be. The chamber was full of floating caskets, and a majestic mirror standing in the very middle of the room. I wondered if i my mother could be seen in it, but i broke free from my trance, and looked at the person who had helped me.

-Oh! I apologize! It was extremely rude of me to ignore you!- I looked at them and apologised, but they didnt really seem fazed by this.  Their clothing, however, had some burn marks. I decided to use a repair spell to return the favour, and in a second, their clothing was as good as new.

-Its just a dream... Magic isn't real...- They mumbled to themselves. 

Is it a dream? It would explain the chamber, but... im not sure if two people can dream of one thing... I thought to myself. Ofcourse, it might've been possible if someone had mastered the sleeping spells, but i haven't heard of anybody that did. I sighed, and asked the person for their name.

-Im Yuu, nice meeting you- They had a small smile. I returned the smile and introduced myself aswell. We chatted a bit, and mid-way into our conversation, i spotted a raccoon laying on the floor.

-Hm? What happened here?- I picked up the small animal in my arms. It had gray fur and blue fire coming out of its ears.

-Oh, well, long story. In short, this little rat almost burned me alive with its fire, so i taught it some discipline- They exclaimed. The cat started to wake up, so i began petting it. It seemed to enjoy it, but then it bit me.

The cat jumped out of my arms, and stood on its two hind legs. It then spoke up.

-Lowsy humans! Youre in the presence of the Great Grim! Nyahahah~!-

✩__________✦✻__________✩

I hope you guys enjoyed this and i would be glad if you did! Toodles and see you soon!