Chapter Ten - The First Kiss

Me and the lads are all looking forward to celebrate tonight, even some of the opposition team are joining us out tonight.

"So tonight is the night we get to see Kacey, huh?!"

Richie asks me as he finishes putting his belongings in his bag and I can't help but grin, just at the thought of actually getting to spend some time with her tonight.

"I just hope she feels comfortable around all of us, she gets really nervous. I am looking forward to seeing her, for sure."

They both look like two grinning Cheshire cats. I laugh at them. Apart from the football, training and hanging out with the family, life has been pretty crap lately and it's giving me something good to feel excited for. I and everyone else leave the stadium and head back to the hotel.

Feeling peckish, I order some fruit and a few snacks from room service. I keep looking at the time. A few minutes later, there's a knock at the door. It's room service, and I quickly devour everything. I drink the beer that they've added to my order as well as the bottle of water.

Now it's time to get ready. It literally takes minutes to dress. I style my hair so that it's all brushed back. Checking out myself in the full length mirror, I feel good with what I'm wearing. A dark blue pair of jeans, a grey T-shirt and a jacket. The jacket is made out of tweed and it jazzes up the outfit. I wear a pair of dark grey trainer shoes. I bling up a little bit.

I'm just finishing up brushing my teeth when I hear knocking at the door and I rush to answer it. As soon as I open, in walks Richie, Peter and Kane, with their partners.

"You all ready bro?"

I grab my things and we leave my room. When we get to the reception, there's transport waiting for us outside. Fifteen minutes or so later, we're pulling up outside the bar. We're escorted inside by the security. Once we are inside, we head straight to the bar for some drinks. I look around and I see the rest of the team, including quite a few of the opposition team guys. It's quite nice to see some have brought their partners along. I spend the next hour mingling with everyone. Every now and then, I check the time, hoping that Kacey will arrive soon.

I'm talking with the guys when Richie taps me on the shoulder...

"Jacob, bro, I think you might want to turn round mate..."

I turn round and in front of me is Kacey. It feels like I'm in slow motion when I lower my gaze to take in how lovely she looks. When she smiles, her whole face lights up. I rush over, give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. As I kiss her cheek, I inhale the perfume she's wearing. I kneel down so I can engage proper eye contact with her and I ask her how she's doing. Then she introduces me to her friends' Emily, Nina and Jenny. I introduce Richie and Peter as they are standing with me.

Emily, I think her name is, asks me if I'd like to push Kacey so I happily accept, I take them to the table where I'm sitting at. I purposely chose this table as it has more room and I don't want Kacey to feel cramped. Once I park her wheelchair after asking if she's okay where she is, I move round so I can see her. She looks really good. One of her friends go with Peter to the bar.