BOOK 4 CH 3: Feathers in a Flap

Start from the beginning

<iBalliisticSquid> Yeaah fair enough on BigB

The conversation kind of scares me, but I continue.

<iHasCupquake> O-O Interesting

<iHasCupquake> I have bad news

<ThnxCya> uh oh uh oh

<Thinknoodles> Oh no

<iHasCupquake> I have been hit with the curse of Kindness

<SB737> The...vanishing curse???

<iHasCupquake> No,,,uh

<ThnxCya> what did you turn into tiff

<iHasCupquake> Some form of bird, I think? 

<EckoXSoldier> bruh

<Thinknoodles> Ya need assistance over at the bakery? 

<iHasCupquake> I'm fine enough, worst comes to worst I can drag myself to the plaza

<ThnxCya> come to mine, i know birds well so i can probably help with adjustments

<iHasCupquake> I was going to ask for your assistance. Thanks, James! <3

I sigh upon putting down my communicator. Thankfully, this doesn't seem too bad for me as it did for the others.
Despite my legs feeling weak, I push open my door and start running to James's place. It does hurt while I'm running, I'll admit that. My legs don't feel like they can support my current weight, and my heart's beating very very fast. Is that because of the new weight, or am I just worried? I couldn't tell you.
Once I get to James's door, I nearly fall over from the sudden dizziness that onsets once I stop moving. I use the wall to stabilise myself, clinging onto it as the world subsides. I need to slow down, evidently I've lost a lot of my strength.
James opens the door without my knocking, waving at me.

"Heya, Tiff!" He steps back, taken aback by my new appearance I reckon. "Woah, you've changed."
"Haha, I sure have!" I joke. "Yeah, sorry, I got a bit dizzy."
"Feel free to come inside. I've got..a lot to advise you." He winks, before taking my hand and helping my still reeling person inside.

Once I get in, it's the same as normal, but I see Justin sitting on a bed, looking tired. He waves at me and looks me up and down before giving me a thumbs up.

"What's the coincidence that all of us are some form of avian, huh?" He chuckles, before laying flat on the bed. "My apologies, I'm tired. I couldn't sleep last night."
"He kind of got stuck here because he forgot to bring a spare fire resistance potion. I don't have any either, I haven't been to the nether since you-know-what occurred." James flies over to me, looking closely at the feathers that I've got now. "Red, yellow and blue, alright. So you've turned into a parrot, that's pretty obvious."
"Well, I'm not a chicken."
"If you were, you would've chickened out of coming here!" James beams, proud of his pun. I groan, but it's still funny.

Justin suddenly shoots up, running up to me. "Wait, red, yellow and blue, right?!"
"Yeah, why-" Then it hits me. "Ohhhh, we should've predicted this."
"Kindness was glowing those colours.", Think explains. "Parrot..yeah, we should've expected that."
Justin touches my wing slightly, probably just trying to check in case it hurt me or something. It doesn't hurt, but it does send an uncomfortable shiver down my spine. Before I can say anything, James pushes Justin away with a mildly nervous face.

"Woah woah woah woah woah! Don't do that!" He laughs a little, patting Justin's shoulder to say he's not mad. "Bird wings are very sensitive. You should never touch your bird's wings."
"Oh-whoops. Sorry, Tiff."
"Ah, it's no worries, I didn't even know that." I respond.
James nods, before flying over to collect Pigeon, who was perched on a branch hammered into the wall. Upon seeing me, the bird squawks before flying into my hair and pecking around.
"Pigeon, don't- ah, he's used to your hair having seeds in it." James laughs, letting Pigeon climb onto his shoulder and flying back. "Okay, so. Don't eat cookies, that's poisonous for birds."
"That's why I got poisoned when I made them yesterday!" I add.