Chapter 451 - 459

En başından başla

This anyone-will-do attitude displeased him greatly.

Gu Jiangxin's look froze on him.

Being a businessman his entire life, he had always been a very smooth one who could handle any situation, but this time he run into a wall everywhere he turned.

"President Huang, that's not how I mean. Please let me explain..."

While they were still dragging on outside, Gu Shishi finally recollected herself after she had run into the backroom, holding onto her stomach, closed the door and stood against the way.

Why did she run?

She had done nothing wrong nor did she have a guilty conscience.

"Shishi, is it that time of the month? Did you soil your pants? I have a jacket. Let me get it and put it over you?"

Gao Xiu-e, who had followed her in, was a kind grandma in her 60s or 70s.

"No, Grandma Gao, that's not it."

Gu Shishi blushed.

Gao Xiu-e was taken aback a little. "Then why are you holding onto your stomach?"

Gu Shishi paused a little before she looked down and noticed that she had been covering up her stomach firmly without realizing it.

And she had her answer immediately.

Chapter 452

They left happily after paying for the painting. (2)

She ran away because she worried subconsciously that Gu Jiangxin would snap.

Had he learned that she was Ink Painting Guru and he wasn't able to a painting of hers. What if he lost self-control? How was this roomful of grandmas and grandps be able to stop a man in his prime?

She couldn't possibly go head-to-head with him right now.

She rubbed her stomach and quickly looked for a place to sit. She mulled over whether it was now time to text the boss for help.

"You are pregnant?!"

Gao Xiu-e, looking at how Gu Shishi was acting, figured it out all of a sudden.

Gu Shishi's face turned redder and she nodded.

"Do you not feel well? We should be calling a doctor then. Why did you run in here? There are only paintbrushes and ink in this room. There is no bed to lie down on."

Gao Xiu-e quickly came over and held her hand.

"Don't worry. Lao Qi outside is a doctor. I will have him come and check on you."

"Grandma Gao, I am fine. It's the person who just arrived..."

Gu Shishi had no discomfort whatsoever. She had no choice but to tell Grandma Gao the reasons she decided to pre-emptively hid away.

It didn't take long. She was able to tell the entire story in a few sentences.

Gao Xiu-e's mouth dropped open and it took her a while to recollect herself. "Oh, my Lord! How is it possible that there are people like that out there?!"

She worked with art her entire life and had no idea some people could stoop that low.

Siding with Gu Shishi, Gao Xiu-e quickly typed away on her phone.

Gu Shishi raised her brows.

It didn't take long before she saw a text on her phone!

[Xiuxiu: @Everyone. The man out there is Shishi's father! He had never raised her for a day and pushed her into a marriage alliance! Now he wanted a painting from her to butter up to the mayor of our city. He is unaware that Shishi is Ink Painting Guru!]