"I actually wanted to asked you if ..." he paused for a moment which made me look up at him.

"I'm not giving you my finger. You can like borrow it ... I mean ... for special occasions but only if it keeps connected to me." I babbled some nonsense.

"Would you like to dance ... with me?" he asked out of nowhere since he already learnt that most of my babbling is better left unspoken about.

"Hell yeah!" I responded, smiling widely.

We haven't had our first dance yet and after the perfect song selection for when I walked down the aisle, my expectations were pretty high.

I wanted our song to be special, not something ordinary like 'The time of my life' or 'Thinking out loud', which by the way are great songs ... but also played for almost every first dance. Our relationship, all the years we spent together (and apart) were wild and I wanted a song that had some special meaning to both of us.

Sadly, I seriously doubted that he chose the Small potatoes theme song but yeah ... girl can't have everything I guess ...

Anyway.

"Great." I could hear relief in his voice. Did he seriously think that I was not going to dance with him?! "... so can I borrow the rest of your fingers, including your hands?" he asked jokingly and stood up, slowly reaching for both of my hands to help me stand up as if I was the old one.

However, I couldn't help but smile at the fact that he once again proved, that even if he doesn't respond to my babbling and speaking of nonsense, he listens and pays attention to every word I say.

"Arm. Leg. I'm yours." I said and stood up.

"Henry... wait no ... Harry Potter?" Bucky said carefully, closing one of his eyes, hoping he got it right.

"I taught you so well." I said proudly and pretended to wipe away a tear from my eye.

"After three Harry Potter marathons in the past couple of weeks it would be embarrassing if I didn’t get it right." Bucky sighed as we hand-in-hand walked back to the crowd of people.

"Emily there you are!" Pepper shook her head at the sight of me, her eyes still red from all the crying. I think I broke this woman just by my existence.

"Here I am!" I said with a fake enthusiasm until I noticed a familiar face in the crowd.

"Holy flipping flopping shoe the god of thunder is at my wedding. Thor. Like the real one ... I need a piece of paper and a pen!" I started freaking out.

"Why-..."

"For an autograph of course!" I kinda squealed as Thor and his pal Racoon walked our way. "I invited him but I didn't think he would actually come!" I clapped my hands excitedly.

Pepper started taking deep breaths and excused herself to get a drink.

"Should I be concerned or jealous or ..." Bucky looked at me and then at Thor with complete confusion on his face.

"Hello Mr. Thor and ... Racoon. Thank you so much for taking your time!" my voice got a little higher than usually.

"Of course Little Stark, of course!" Thor said happily and unexpectedly pulled me into a hug, almost breaking a few of my bones.

"It's actually Barnes now." I corrected him since it just sounded so good to say it out loud. However, I was barely able to speak since he was hugging me so tightly.

After that I took a selfie with him and the Racoon, got an autograph and also spent a few minutes to stop the rodent from trying to steal my husband's metal arm, since somehow he found out that there is a way of getting it off. Sick.

let it hurt, let it go |Bucky Barnes| जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें