ʲᵉʳʳʸ ᶜᵃⁿᵗʳᵉˡˡ

ᵂᵒʳᵈ ᶜᵒᵘⁿᵗ: ⁸⁸⁶

𖤐  𖤐  𖤐

You, Jerry, and Layne had just gotten back from a very long road trip. You all decided to crash at yours since Jerry's house would take longer to get to and Layne lived right next to you. However, Layne didn't want to be alone at his house since his family was out of town so he had been sleeping at your house for the past couple of days. Your parents were fine with it, Layne had been your best friend since you guys were like 5 plus, you had an extra bed in your room anyway.

"Okay, so, Jerry if my parents don't let you stay here you'll probably just have to sleep at Layne's." You warned holding out your finger.

"Did you tell them we're dating?" Jerry asked.

"No"

"Then why would it be a problem?"

"Because who lets their teenager sleep in the same room as another teenager they dont know?" Layne intervened.

You nodded at Laynes statement.

"Yeah, well anyways."

"My Mom is most likely asleep which means..." you trailed off.

"Your dad is most likely high" Layne finished your sentence for you.

You gave him a thumbs-up as you walked up your porch steps, Jerry and Layne followed. You opened the door and were instantly greeted by a cloud of smoke. You waved your hand in front of your face and saw your Father and his friend on the couch smoking. You internally celebrated and opened the door wider for your friend and your boyfriend to step in. Once he stepped inside Jerry closed the door behind him and your Father waved at you all with his eyes half-closed.

"Hey Dad, can my friend stay here tonight he lives far and its late?"

"Cooooool" Your Father replied, obviously higher than the clouds themselves.

"Thanks, goodnight"

Jerry waved to your Dad and his friend before you grabbed his hand and slowly walked down the hallway to your room, careful not to make too much noise. You didnt want to risk waking up your Mother.

-----------

You guys were now in your sleep arrangements. You explained to Jerry that as much as you would love to sleep in the same bed as him, you didnt want to wake up to the sound of your Mom opening your door and seeing you sleeping in the same bed as a random guy she doesnt know. So, you shared your double bed with Layne and Jerry was on the single bed on the other side of your room.

You sat up to where Jerry could see you past the dresser that was against the wall, between the two beds.

"Goodnight, honey"

"Goodnight"

You smiled and laid back down, pulling your blanket up while turning on your side.

"Goodnight, loser"

Layne said as he turned onto his side facing away from you.

"Goodnight, loser" You replied.

You guys had to turn on your sides and leave a hefty amount of space between you, it had been an issue since forever. Layne was a sleep cuddler, and you were a heavy sleeper. Whenever you shared a bed you would always wake up with his arm draped around your waist or youd wake up on top of him. It was inevitable.

-------

2:00 am

Your eyes hesitantly opened as you felt someone softly shaking your shoulder.

You let out a groggy groan as you turned over.

"Do you hear that?" Layne asked, his voice sounding free of sleep, meaning he had been attempting to wake you up for a while.

You lazily wiped your eyes.

"Hear what?", youre sure you probably just scared Layne even more with your voice being coated in sleep, sounding swamp monster- esc.

"It sounds like somethings scratching at the window."

"Its probably just a tree branch" You replied already turning back over to continue sleeping.

"y/n" Layne whined, "Im scared."

You laughed softly, you looked back at Layne and with your vision clearing up, you saw he had tears in his eyes. You instantly regretted laughing at him. You sat up and put your arms out towards him. He scooted closer to you and wrapped his arms around your waist.

The loudest boom of thunder woke Jerry up and he quickly sat up looking at you and Layne.

"Did you hear that?"

Jerrys voice slightly startled him and you held him tighter.

"Mhm," you rubbed Laynes back, trying to comfort him.

"Is Layne okay?" Jerrys voice was full of concern.

"Yeah, hes just having a hard time sleeping. This storm is not helping."

"Well, I'll take him, let you sleep."

"Jerry, hes not a baby."

You looked down, your eyes met Laynes, he looked slightly offended.

"What?"

"Im Jerry's baby" Layne replied.

You rolled your eyes.

"C'mere, Layney", Jerry held out his arms, and your jaw dropped as you watched Layne get up and walk over to Jerrys bed.

"I-"

Jerry scooted over and Layne laid next to him, nuzzling his head into the crook of Jerrys neck.

"I swear to God if I wake up and y'all are banging-" You playfully laughed and got comfortable on your bed.

"Oh please, we know you'd love to watch" Jerry teased.

You playfully rolled your eyes and thought for a moment, 'I dont think I'd actually'

𖤐  𖤐  𖤐