chapter 30

Ridgewood, Jersey 

 I lay in bed thinking about the last couple of days. Tiffany got held at gunpoint then pushed out a dark. Diamond being held hostage for a week. She might need extensive therapy. Me being shot. I drag myself to the edge of the bed when a knock at the door makes me out of thought. " Come in," the door opens revealing pops. " You up bambia," he walks in sitting next to me. Pops wrap his arms around me," how are you feeling?" " I'm good for now," I lean into his embrace." You know that you don't have to be a part of this life. You can always step back." " I know pops," he kisses my forehead. We stay like that for a few minutes before his phone rings," I'll talk to you later." 

" Okay," he gets up and leaves my room. I get out of bed and go to the bathroom. I stand at the sink for a few seconds,I need to get it together. I can't afford to sit here and mope. I have businesses to run. I wash my face and brush my teeth then turn the shower on. I look at the bandage covering the gunshot wound, fuck them niggas. Did all that just to get killed. I take my clothes off then step in the shower. I wash up thinking about everything. Kyrie killed Akheem the way he called me last night. The worry he has for his sister. He's a very complicated man. I finish washing up in the shower  then dry off.  I go back into my room and put my underwear on. A kock on the door makes me stop," yes."

 " Ma'am I'm here to clean your wound." I wrap the towel around me," come in." The door opens and Tresea comes in with a first aid kit. I sit on the bed while she stands in front of me. She peels the bandage off and places  it on the bed. Tresea grabs the peroxide pouring some on some gaze then dabs the wound. I hiss, gritting my teeth," sorry." She hurries  up and cleans the wound then dresses it. " You are all done," she grabs everything," thank you." She nods then leaves the room. I throw on a black shirt with leggings and my fuzzy slippers.I brush my hair into a ponytail and grab my phone then go down stairs. The little staff that pops has greets me. 

I walk into the dinning room and everyone is sitting at the table. " Come sit,'' gram waves me over to her. I slowly walk across the table as everyone smiles or nods at me. " Eat," I sit down as gram piles food on my plate. " Thanks," I stare at the waffles, scrambled eggs and bacon. The table fills with conversation about business. I listen while eat," Dom." I look over at Marco," yes." " What did you think about last night?" " Besides the kidnapping part, they held their own." He nods," what about Kyrie?"" He's a little rough but he seems like the type of man we could use out in the street." " That's what Metrius is saying. I have yet to see it," he goes back to eating. " One thing I can tell you dad is that motherfucker is fearless.

 He shot two in Akheem's stomach in front of everyone," Micheal tells us. " Really," Marco looks at him. " He let them two shots off then hell went loose in there. I'm surprised that he didn't get shot," he shrugs. " Must be a lucky man." "Or a reckless man," Matt commented. After breakfast everyone leaves, I walk down the hall," Dom." Matt walks over to me," yes." " I want to know if you're alright?" I smile at him," Im good Matt. What about you," we walk slowly down the hall side by side." I'm good. That was just a little shootout, nothing more." Pops and Marco stand at the end of the hall talking to each other. They think their slick, " if you need anything or someone to talk to I'm here for you." Matt turns to me," thank you, I appreciate that," I smile. 

Matt smiles back and we continue to walk down the hall. " Look at you young kids. I remember when you two would chase each other all through the house." I smirk," yeah, those days. When I was the only girl,  they would all harass me." " That wasn't harassment. We just wanted to play with you," Matt shrugs. I turn to him," so hitting me then running. That's playing with me," I fold my arms across my chest." In some form but afterwards you would play with us," he shrugs. I roll my eyes," whatever." Pops and Marco laughs," the good old days. Where we didn't have to worry about much."

 We all walk into  the living room together as the morning news comes on.  Chris and Sean are already sitting on the couch. Channel seven news, we just got a report that a body was found in the back of an abandoned house behind the Red Hook housing project. It's a male late twenties wearing the colors of a local gang in Brooklyn. Authorities are ruling this a homicide. If you have any information on this murder call the NYPD. " Chris go  find out who did this," pops sits down in his favor chair.  " I got you. I'll see y'all later," he gets up from the couch and walks out of the living room. I take Chris' seat sitting next to Sean while Matt and Marco sit on the other couch.  " Where's he going?" I look at Sean," showing Monique and Kyrie their new corner."

" What," I scrunch my face up. " Pops offered  to give any corner to Kyrie for killing Akheem." " And they chose Brooklyn." He nods his head," we all know who runs a couple corners in Brooklyn that they don't like." I nod my head thinking about Jr. He's 5'11, light brown with curly hair and green eyes puerto rican man. The women flock to him and the men hate him. I've seen him around from time to time, trying to flirt. "What are you doing for the rest of the day?"" The usual, check on the spots and make sure the boys on the corners are doing they thing before I meet up with my new shawty." 

" Who's this girl?" " This fine, light skin shawty. She goes to school." " That's good, let's see how long you keep this one." He rolls his eyes then gets up," I'm out. I'll talk to you later." " Bye," I change my focus on the tv as the anchors go over yesterday's events. " Here you go," Michael's pass handed my purse that I left in my office. " Thanks," I open it and look through it. " We cleaned the home and fixed the door," he sits next to me. " Thank you, what happened to my receptionist?" " She's good. I visited her and had a little talk and some very good intercourse." He wiggles his eyebrows," nobody wants to hear about you and your sexcapaides." 

" Don't hate that the woman love my white chocolate self." I laugh," they love the money that you can give them not the sex." He smacks his lips," let me get up before all this haterade rubs off on me." He stands up," I'll see you all for dinner." Michael struts out the living room," that boy." I shake my head going back looking through my bag. I check my wallet and see everything in there then pull my work phone out. I turn it on and check  my emails and text. The song of clicking heels gets closer until they stop." Good morning, family," Erica stands at her entrance to the living room.  " Good morning," we all say. She walks around the room hugging everyone until she stops at me.