"It's Lucrecia," I mutter finally to break the silence that's taken over the room. I see her relax a little, probably thinking that I don't have orders to have her killed yet. "She knows messing with Hojo isn't a good idea, right?"

"Oh no," she scoffs, crossing her arms, left hip pushed more out to the side. "She thinks Nerdy Boy's a real hottie."

"Lovely," I grumble sarcastically. I knew there was no chance that she'd ever come back to me, but thinking that Hojo is attractive? Let's just say his mother probably thought he was a gremlin. "And you've tried to convince her otherwise?"

"What haven't I tried to convince her of?"

"Right," I nod. Crap. I turn my head and look out the polished window. "Perhaps... Maybe there's a way to convince Hojo not to continue?"

"That'll be hard," she groans, never one to accept a job unless there were big benefits, like living in huge mansions with lots of money. "He's such an idiot."

"No. A genius, just a messed up one."

"Fine, whatever you say. Hey, maybe I could let him have me instead of her for his testing stuff?" I frown and turn my eyes back to her, examining her face. She's serious, isn't she? Naive... Maybe what I need. I feel bad using one of the few people I consider a friend to keep Lucrecia safe, but she offered. Still, that doesn't mean I can't make a small effort to stop her.

"I don't think that's wise."

"Neither am I," she shrugs. "Let me at least try. It's for Lucrecia, remember?" Bribery?

"Yes," I agree, still frowning. This isn't right... She nods and hurries out of the room, feet carrying her to the lab. Be careful, Violet. He's a sneaky man.

~|~|~|~|~

My shoes make loud thumps as I angrily run down the stairs to the basement. Lucrecia collapsed today, again, and I'm not standing by any longer. But who knows? I could be too late already. Baby Sephiroth has been born, I can't let him be tested like an insect or something. Tested like Lucrecia... I quickly and skillfully load my gun on the way down, typical Turk weapon, and steadily storm down the hallway. How could he?! I throw the laboratory door open and Hojo calmly turns around to look at me, disgustingly ugly face lit up in the green glow of the room.

"Hello Mr. Valentine. I assume you're here to see the child?"

"#-$%- you, Hojo!" I yell. "I told you I'm against it! I'm her bodyguard, you can't just do this! I have permission to shoot anyone that causes her harm in any.." A gun goes off and I freeze, falling. Where's my heartbeat...? It's all black before I know it, but there's a very distant voice that I can barely make out there still.

"Yes, you'll work just fine as a new specimen for my next project!"

When my eyes slide open again, my mind can't seem to process what's happening. Hojo killed me.. Where am I? A sudden, ripping pain tears at my flesh, causing me scream at the merciless and intense pain, dropping to my knees and breathing heaving. Through my unsteady vision, I see claws, the claws of a monster when I hold up my hands.

Your body is mine now, mortal.

I whip my head around, looking for the source of the voice, only to realize with great horror that it's in my head. It's... Demonic. There's no way... What did that man do to me?