Being Hot Does NOT Excuse Your Idiocy, You Fuck

Zacznij od początku

Rin grimaced. If she had a mom, she'd make sure to keep in contact as much as she could. Or maybe she'd be as dismissive as her boyfriend was becoming. She'd like to think she'd never be like that to her mother, but she couldn't lie. Growing up with things that were normal for you usually meant you started to take those things for granted. Thankfully, Rin grew up poor and neglected and didn't have much to take for granted.

"Whatever, you guys finish the last problem on your homework and we'll get going." She decided.

"Right, let's see...." Konekomeru went back to scanning the Bible for the scripture his homework required.

"Okay, I have no idea what that word is." Konekomeru admitted a moment later. "Bon would probably know, ugh!" He let his head fall to the table in dismay.

"It's become clear that we depend way too much on Ryuji to know all these things." Rin admitted.

"Actually, I've been skimping on my studies lately because I'm creating an app to help with Demon Identification so we don't need to rely on Bon like that anymore. It'll be useful to anyone else who needs it too." Konekomeru admitted, voice muffled by the table.

"Woah, that's amazing, Koneko! I'm sure it'll be super useful!" Rin enthused.

Shima smiled at her excitedly waving tail. Rin never faked her enthusiasm. She was always so genuine and actually cared about her friends and the things they cared about. She was a source of positivity, a beacon of light. It made him happy that she still wanted to be his friend.

"Alright, let's just go to Ponchan and eat our sorrows away." Rin suggested. The boys nodded and packed their stuff up, grabbing different textbooks and notebooks to take with them to Ponchan.

"Well said, Rin." Shima got up and slung his bag over his shoulder. They left the dorm and started on the way to their favorite place to hang out that wasn't the Okumura Dorm.

§~•~§~•~§

"Oh good, you're still here." Ryuji was able to make it to meet Rin, Shima, and Konekomeru at Ponchan by the time they were most of the way through dinner with some appetizer still leftover for him just in case he did make it. Their schoolbooks littered the table along with the food. Rin moved to make room for Ryuji and beamed at him when he leaned down to give her a short kiss in greeting as he sat down.

He waved a waitress over and ordered his own food, slumping in his seat with a tired sigh.

"Aw, is Lightning too much work for you?" Shima teased. "Can't keep up with taking care of a grown man who shouldn't need a nanny?"

"Oi, quit it! We do actually do productive things, you know!" Ryuji snapped.

"Sounds more like you schedule his productive things and just clean up after him wherever he goes, dude." Shima countered.

"He's investigating important things. I'm not allowed to tell you about it, I'm sworn to secrecy over it." Ryuji defended. Rin hummed in acceptance and offered him the remaining appetizer to munch on until his own food came out. He thanked her and ate the offered food before laying his head on top of hers with another sigh. The bags under his eyes were definitely getting more prominent. Rin frowned.

"He looks a lot more tired than he used to." Shima noticed at the same time, quietly to Konekomeru. The shorter boy nodded in agreement, worry creasing his brow.

What was Lightning up to?

§~•~§~•~§

"Man, it's been so long since we've had a mission together!" Rin realized as she walked with Shiemi to find the Exorcist they were meant to report to. They've been assigned to help clear out a coltar infestation And one of the trashier parts of town.