𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚢

Start from the beginning

They both let out breaths of relief at the silence that surrounded them. Their minds got transported back to how it was at the beginning of their relationship, with just the two of them. Remus slowly removed one of Jasmine's arms from around him and gripped her palm in a dance-like position.

''Well now is a good time to enjoy this.'' He smiled and swayed them into a slow dance.

Jasmine giggled softly, biting her lip right after to stop. Remus' eyes flickered down to her lips before going back to her eyes. Even with high heels, Jasmine was still shorter than him, but their eyes levelled easily as their faces came closer. They danced to no music, the silence was comfortable enough to them and brought them peace. They managed to block out everything as they stared into each other's eyes, each of them asking themselves how stupid they could be to put distance between them in the past weeks.

''Can you answer me one question?'' Remus whispered, guiding Jasmine's waist so close they were pressed up against each other.

Jasmine didn't find the words to answer so she nodded shortly. She saw how his eyes flickered down again as he was trying to form the question in his head.

''How am I supposed to keep my hands off of you for the rest of the night when you're looking like this?'' His grip on her waist tightened and his eyes darkened as the words left his lips.

Jasmine couldn't explain how that made her feel, but she was sure her whole body was on fire. ''That's the thing,'' she whispered, tangling her left hand into his hair at the nape of his neck. She angled her head up so their noses gently brushed together and her next words were only shy away from silent. ''You don't have to.''

The motions of a slow dance were completely forgotten when their lips connected. Remus brought his hand up and settled it on Jasmine's jaw, deepening the kiss by that simple act. Jasmine all but not slumped against him, tangling both her hand into his hair as if that was the kiss she most longed for. Despite the heat between them, neither wanted the moment to go too far as they were in the most inconvenient place. They parted, chests rising with their deep breathing from the heated kiss, just before smiles adorned their faces. They merely looked at each other for a few more peaceful moments.

''Jasmine I – ''

''Do you –?''

Both started speaking at the same time and interrupted each other with quiet chuckles. Remus nodded his head letting her speak. ''Do you want to go to the ball now? It would be a shame for the whole thing to go to waste.''

''Yes, of course. Let's go.'' He smiled and unwrapped his arms from her, only to take her hand and pull her with him to the exit.

Jasmine looked at him with a curious expression. ''What did you want to say?'' It seemed like she caught him off guard as his previous giddy smile disappeared.

He looked at her and Jasmine didn't know if she imagined the quick fear that spread on his face. ''I –'' He stopped himself from talking and laughed quietly. ''It doesn't matter.'' He looked away. Jasmine squinted her eyes at him but didn't press him on the topic either.

The Great Hall looked absolutely gorgeous. It was Lily's idea to evade all the traditional muggle scary decorations and make the ball an actual ball. Colourful garlands hung from the walls, the students danced under the night sky that looked like a whole dark blue-purple galaxy with millions of bright stars. Up against one wall was a table with food and drinks, everywhere else was space for a dance floor. And in the right fashion just in the middle of it all hung a big disco ball, tying the space together.

''Wow,'' Jasmine whispered in amazement.

Music was coming from everywhere and as of the moment, some very hit muggle songs were on the playlist. Jasmine spotted Lily and James at the food table smiling at each other and she wondered if Lily took her advice. The ball was something every student at Hogwarts needed, even if it was for fourth years and up only. Everyone looked so relaxed.