Mid-Autumn Sp. • "Sea of Lanterns"

Start from the beginning

"Wait, hold on, I have a question." I raised my hand.

"Yes?"

"What happens when you have a lantern of someone, but someone else has your lantern? Doesn't that make you have two soulmates, or...?" I tapped on my chin.

"Ahaha, that. You see, that's where the magic happens." He snapped his fingers,

"The Mid-Autumn Festival was originally celebrated as a memento of an adeptus, who valued love over all things. But I suppose she herself had forbidden love, and with killed..." He trailed off, but continued after a small pause.

"After the adeptus passed away, they say that her soul ascended to the moon, and is looking after the mortals below to pair them with each other."

...So Chinese Cupid.

"Due to that, everyone has always had a significant other, because when one receives a lantern at the end, the person who that lantern belongs to coincidentally ends up with yours too."

"And adeptus of love...? Sounds pretty interesting, not gonna lie." I nodded.

"Indeed. So this lantern I gave you, be sure to remember that it is a Seelie, my lady."

I nodded, "Let's hope I don't forget."

"And as for mine," He took out his own lantern, "It is a Rain Sword!"

Just then, somebody walked down the stairs of the Feiyun Manor.

"Xingqiu, Lady (Y/N), the festival is about to begin." It was Xingqiu's brother, holding a lantern that is shaped after Mora.

"Wait, so soon?" I asked.

"Have you checked the time, Lady (Y/N)? It is evening. The festival needs to last as long as possible." His brother smiled.

"Xingxing, you roped me into this last minute!" I pouted.

"My sincerest apologies, I spent so much time making your lantern that I have forgotten to inform you..." He scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"...You made this lantern?" I blinked.

"Xingqiu spent the recent nights burning the midnight oil to complete that lantern by hand, not to mention he had to make his own as well." His brother explained, putting on his shoes.

"But, we do not dwell on unimportant things like that," Xingqiu waved his hands, "Quick, let us go meet Xiangling at Chihu Rock. I'll race you ~ " He rushed to fit on his shoes.

"I'll get there first! Your shoes are so hard to put on!" I ran towards the front door too.

"Don't cause mischief, you two." His brother warned.

...

"Huff, Huff..." I panted, gripping the stick of my lantern tightly.

"I've won, my lady." Xingqiu patted my back, "By a longshot!"

"H-How did you even do that...?"