𝒔𝒚𝒏𝒐𝒑𝒔𝒊𝒔

Start from the beginning

𝘪𝘪. Nothing was the same after that. Her father became far more protective over his daughters, higher security measures in the house including his weekly training sessions with them. He just wanted to keep them safe despite his own secretive life, Jamila can even say now at the age of twenty five that even on his worst day he was the best father the two girls could ask for.

𝘪𝘪𝘪. As time went on the family healed from the tragedy. Jamila grew to become one of the smartest girls known to the country with her talents in Netball and her sister practically followed in her footsteps plus her love for field hockey. What about Erik you may ask? With him being a father, he had unfinished business with some old family.

𝘪𝘷. Jamila was eighteen and just started her second term holiday when they were visited by one of their fathers old CIA buddies and were told the horrible news. Like her mother's death, Jamila could remember her exact reaction because it replayed in her mind like a scratched vinyl disc on the record player. At first she was in shock and honesty, completely in denial but when she broke the news to her sister after fetching her from her hockey camp the reality hit her like a bus and she broke down.

𝘷. He had told the girls that he was going on a trip to see an older friend of his. He offered to call Jasmine's sister to come watch them for the meanwhile but Jamila assured that she was old enough to take care her sister for a few weeks.

𝘷𝘪. She thought her father would come home, they both did but the two sisters were wrong no matter how much it hurt them. Erik Stevens was dead. Gone just like that.

𝘷𝘪𝘪. The two girls had each other and it was only the two of them for at least a couple months, almost a year. During that time they were trying to get their grandmother out of jail, yes it took them half a year. The woman had practically been jail for 30 years for something she didn't do but to Jamila and Nala's suprise the woman was practically an empty shell, what can you be when you find out both your husband and son had died and you couldn't even say goodbye.

𝘷𝘪𝘪𝘪 From there the two sisters tried their hardest to help her get back to herself, they didn't even know what the real Lindiwe Stevens was like, it's not like they ever got to meet her. Nala on the other hand was persistent, it was her idea to get their grandmother out because she wanted her genius daughter who had to drop out of University after their fathers death just to take care of her to go back to her life. It may have taken a couple pep talks but Lindiwe Stevens had promised to take care of her.

𝘪𝘹 From then Jamila was able to go back and finish her degrees and courses and before she knew it she was a vastly paid employee in the engineering department of Stark Industries. During her time there she met the two people that some say were destined to meet. Her best friends, real ones too. As time went on she became more confident in her talents and found herself befriending the remaining Avengers, growing in particularly close to Tony and Natasha. From shawarma Sunday's to PB&J Fridays the girl had a life in the states, one that she never expected to have ever.

𝘹 Just as she thought things were finally good for her things began to get worse. What was supposed to be a trip for a better day ended in two funerals for the very people she befriended. From there she met some teenage witches who were saving their parents from the clutches of a grieving witch in a false reality and watched Falcon blossom into the new Captain America and since then things have been a little calmer. With the community centre her and her friends started a few years back to help the people who had been affected by the Blip had been at its peak of chaos things couldn't be getting worse.

𝘹𝘪 When her grandmother calls her begging her to come home, she doesn't expect everything she ever knew about her family to be a lie.