Goblet of Fire Hedric Alternate Ending

Start from the beginning

Just then there was a bright flash and the cup appeared along with Harry, who collapsed on the ground. The crowd started cheering and the band started but all Cedric could think about was getting to Harry. He stood up, ignoring his fathers protests, and sprinted to where he was. It felt as though he couldn't get there fast enough. Cedric fell on his knees and took in his appearance. His leg was bleeding more heavily but in addition there was a long, gaping wound on his forearm and his scar was a bright red color. His whole body was twitching. 

The headmaster was right behind Cedric and he dropped down on Harry's other side. "He's back! Voldemort's back!" He gasped out, turning his head towards Dumbledore. Cedric almost didn't process those words as he grabbed his hand and squeezed, gaining his attention. "You're okay. You're safe now." He whispered, using his free hand to push his blood matted hair out of his eyes. Cedric mentally added head injury to the ever growing list. 

Harry closed his eyes and nodded slightly before passing out. Cedric smiled sadly, giving his hand another squeeze. "We need to get him to the infirmary, away from prying eyes." Cedric heard Dumbledore say to McGonagall who he hadn't realized had followed them. She proceeded to levitate his body into the air and towards the school. It was then that the crowd seemed to realize something was wrong and the band stopped playing. Cedric stood and went to follow but the headmaster grabbed his arm. "I think it would be best if you stayed with your father, Cedric." He said.

Cedric couldn't help but get slightly angry, his Hufflepuff loyalty and stubbornness coming through. "No offense sir, but I'm not going to be leaving his side any time soon." He said and he could've sworn he saw the headmaster smirk before letting go of his wrist and pointing him in the direction of the transfigurations Professor. Cedric ran after them, once again ignoring his father and focusing on Harry. 

When he'd caught up, McGonagall raised her eyebrow and opened up her mouth to speak but he cut her off. "Professor Dumbledore said I could stay with him." He said and she went back to the task at hand, not asking a single question. After a long walk and a trail of blood leading from the quidditch pitch to the castle, they made it to the infirmary where Madame Pomfrey had gone ahead to set up. Professor McGonagall set him down on the nearest bed and she began to work, forcing different potions down his throat for replenishing his blood and to stop the twitching from the cruciatus, and casting spells to clot the blood and set his bones. 

There was a commotion outside the room but Cedric paid no mind to it, eyes never leaving Harry for longer than a moment, the only exception being when his father came looking for him. It felt as if he looked away he wouldn't be there when his gaze returned. During the time waiting, Cedric had transfigured his tournament clothes into something a little more comfortable and clean. A few hours later Madame Pomfrey deemed him well enough to step away and let Cedric approach the bed. He came over and sat down taking his unwrapped hand in his and stroked his thumb over the knuckles. 

Guilty tears he hadn't known were there welled in his eyes. "I'm so so sorry, Harry." He whispered, letting a few tears fall. Then he felt a small squeeze from where their hands were still intertwined. Cedric moved his other hand to cup his cheek. "Harry?" He asked and his eyes fluttered open. "Hi." He whispered back and Cedric smiled, sniffing back the rest of his tears. 

Harry noticed his tears and his face twisted into one of concern. "What's wrong? Are you alright?" He asked, trying to sit up. Cedric moved forward to stop him from injuring himself anymore before laughing. "Of course you ask if I'm alright when you're the one who almost died." Cedric said, causing Madame Pomfrey to hear his voice and come over. "Oh good, you're awake. You gave us quite the scare, Mr. Potter. Professor Dumbledore would like to see you and ask a few questions." She said while fussing over his bandaged leg. Cedric once again got frustrated.