ᴏʟᴅ ʀᴜʟᴇ, ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴜʟᴇ

Start from the beginning

"Donner, I will go to prom with you when Bianca Stratford has her first kiss!" I grinned as the smirk fell off his face and his confidence was lost. Kat and I walked off, to our first class, as he gained it back, yelling from across the hall, "Oh, really Verona! You're gonna regret that! I'll go with Stratford!" He then ran off to go find Bianca. Kat and I high-fived as we walked into AP Environmental Science, feeling accomplished.

--

??? POV

"To the left, we have the coffee kids." One of them screamed about his Costa-rican coffee blend being spilled, and the rest sipped quietly, while staring at the drama. "Very edgy, don't make any sudden movements around them." I watched as my sister's dorky friend showed around some person I couldn't see the face of. I thought the shit he was saying was funny, but I still thought Eckman was a loser, A/V nerd. If you couldn't tell, I am the  Patrick Verona. If you go to my school, I have quite a few other names, including 'loner, loser, and punk.' But it wouldn't do well for you to call me any of those three. After I had gotten called into the office for my Bratwurst prank, I'd decided to walk around the school, now trying to find my sister for lunch. My twin, Y/n, only had one friend, but I had none, so pretty even. For the most part, at least today, she had a lot of followers and I don't even think she'll have room at the table, but I sit with her everyday, when Kat isn't there too. Only because I don't wanna be her loser brother that has to sit with her and her friends at lunch. Eckman claimed the 'Rastas' of our school to the boy, saying they thought they were black, kinda political and smoked a lot of weed. What could I say?? Pretty accurate, Eckman.

Next, they went to the cowboys, and then the MBA's, a group he recently got kicked out of. Lowenstein started a rumor that he buys, one dorky material, at outlet malls. I didn't see how that could be an issue, but okay, whatever. "They kicked you out?" The boy looked to Eckman and I swore his voice sounded so familiar. I needed to see his face. I started walking around them, when I heard Micheal point out my sister. "Those two, don't even belong in a group. That's Y/n Verona, and Kat Stratford, best friends, sisters, really. Stay away from Kat, she's scary, but Y/n is really nice, we're friends. And she's really pretty, right?" The boy nodded, with a slacked jaw, and I swore I had seen him before. I got closer to get a better look at his face. "Yeah, she-she is," he sounded and looked distracted as he said, "Verona, you said? Y/n, Verona?" Eckman nodded, staring at her too. And, like that, I realized who he was and jogged over to my sister, chewing on the sandwich she'd made me earlier today for lunch. When I reached her, I saw her own delicious-looking lunch. She'd made herself black pepper chicken and fried rice, still hot, due to the little heat pack she put in her bag. I would've eaten that too, but I usually walked around as I ate and I couldn't eat something in a bowl.

I put my hand on my sister's shoulder, making her aware of my presence. She smiled at me and beckoned me to sit down, saying it was nice to see me. "Protesting already, Verona?" I winked at her and Kat, but Stratford just rolled her eyes at me. "You know me so well. Terrorizing the school with your loneliness, Verona?" I nodded, with an 'mm-hmm!" We liked to mess with each other a bit, a little sibling rivalry. "Hey, um Y/n," I was a bit nervous about it, but she was smiling, so I said it anyway, "Isn't that your old best friend, Cameron James?" She, at first, frowned at me. I pointed in his direction and she followed my gaze. The girl essentially gasped when seeing his face and I grabbed a piece of chicken out of her bowl, while she wasn't looking. God damn, that shit was good. "It-it is." 

We lived here our whole lives, but we moved for about a year, before my dad had us move back. We had gone to this camp in the city that we moved to since we were 11 to when we moved back in the end of 7th grade, basically two years. She met Cameron at camp when they were partnered up together for fishing, and they'd been attached at the hip since. When we went to his school, he was over the moon and they spent every day together. And he had cried for about two weeks when she left. I figured they had liked each other, but clearly nothing had happened, as we moved shortly after they really, really began to get closer, her wearing his sweaters to school everyday, and him just itching to be near her every five seconds. I thought he had noticed her too, but he was staring off into the distance, with a lovesick smile.