Chapter 9 : The Party

Hey there everyone! I don't usually write at the beginning of a chapter, but I'd like to do it this time.

I am dedicating this chapter to my best friend The Universal Idiot. Yeah, that's what I call her. I wanted to mention her account but she wants to stay anonymous.

If it wasn't for her, I would have never published this story ever. So even though not many people read my stories, I still am glad that I published this and thanks to my biestie for that :) I love you lots, dude!

~ One year ago ~

Ryan's POV

I got that weird feeling again. It has been happening from quite some time now. My heart beats faster every time she smiles. Every touch sends electricity down my spine, even if it's just an arm on the shoulder. And the worst part is... she's my best friend. Yes, I have a crush on Autumn. And I can't tell anyone because all her friends are my friends as well. So yeah, I'm pathetic!

"Hey!!" Autumn waved her hand in front of me. "Are you even listening to what I'm saying?"

"No." I said breaking out of my trance.

"Wow! And you're not even pretending to listen!" She said. "Are you even interested in my life at all?"

"Oh come on, Autumn! You're a big girl now, deal with your own problems."

"But besties should look out for each other."

"Oh stop calling me you bestie. I hate that word. It's so cringy." I said.

"BFFs then?"

"How about no?"

"Ugh! Help me out!"

"You help me out first." I said. "There's a girl I really like Autumn, what should I do?"

"Wow! Who is it? Who is it?" She jumped like an excited kid. Ugh! What's her obsession with setting me up?

"I'm not taking names."

"Why not?" She whined. "Wait, is it my sister? It better not be my sister!"

My eyes widened at that. Why would she even think that? "You should pray that it better not be you!" I joked.

"Well, why not? Am I not a girlfriend material?" She questioned me with her hands on her waist. My eyebrows shot up at that.

"You most definitely are." I breathed. "But we're best friends, Autumn."

"So what?" She sat down beside me. "I would date you." My stupid heart needs to stop doing these. And the butterflies in my stomach better tone it down too. There's just so much a guy can take! And Autumn here certainly isn't helping.

"Are you declaring you love for me, bestie?" I teased.

"Shut up!" She smacked my head with her pillow.

"So you would date me if I asked you out?" I asked gulping down a lump in my throat.

"Actually on second thoughts, no!" My heart sank. "You're my best friend, Ryan. And we all know high school relationships don't last. I wouldn't wanna destroy what we have." She smiled at me.

"Right." I forced a smile.

~End Of Flashbacks~

Kylan's POV