Her hand met the cold handle of their refrigerator, and she peered inside. Condiment bottles, a lone egg, and ketchup packets. Great.

·° 。: ✰ : ·° 。

          She stood in front of a bar minutes after her grocery run, which had been weird for the most part. Whether it was just paranoia or not, Rosalie felt like someone was watching her as she roamed the aisles.

          "Well, well, well," The blonde grinned, arms crossed in front of her chest. She leaned on one foot, raising an eyebrow as though the woman before her had a lot of explaining to do (which was, spoiler alert, true). "Look who the cat dragged in. Can I help you, ma'am?"

           Rosalie rolled her eyes, but smiled at her nonetheless. The brunette leaned over the smooth counter, the cool surface biting her forearms through her loose flannel. The buttons of the checkered, long-sleeved clothing were open, revealing a black tank top that hugged her figure. Her stance was easy and carefree, like nothing bad had happened to both her physical and mental health. Although she looked better than she had a few days ago, the Monet still looked a bit worn down.

          "So dramatic," Rosalie tsked. "Just hug me already, will you?"

           The bartender grinned, walking around the counter at a fast pace to embrace the awaiting brunette. The latter choked out a laugh when the former acquiesced her request. The eldest Monet returned the action until the pair was in a tight hug.

          "I missed you, Ro," the blonde whispered in her hair, moments before they pulled away from each other.

          She smiled. "I missed you, too, Cami."

          "Uncle Kieran has been asking about you, and it's driving me crazy." Camille deadpanned, making the brunette laugh. "I don't think you understand, Ro. It's literally driving me nuts, and I'm a psychology major."

          Rosalie chucked, watching her friend return behind the counter. The place wasn't that busy, only a few people chattering over glasses of alcohol in the booths scattered behind them. Rosalie was the only one seated at the bar, which made her incredibly grateful. "Maybe we can visit him tomorrow?"

          "Sure. You've been to the apartment, I assume?"

          "Yeah, I dropped my luggage and all," Rosalie bit her lip, trying to control her grin. "Fiji loves it, he was so excited."

          Camille beamed, eyes lighting up while she placed a newly cleaned martini glass up a shelf. She held the towel, wiping a portion of the countertop. "I can't wait to meet him, he's still a puppy, right?"

          Rosalie nodded, causing Cami to sigh dreamily. The blonde hummed, "My shift is almost done here. You know we have to celebrate, right?"

         "Celebrate what?"

          "Your return, duh!" Camille looked at her as though she'd just said something ridiculous. "It's nothing over-the-top, just a simple party I've heard of. Unless you want to rest?"

          The brunette paused to think, bitting her bottom lip in contemplation. A night in seemed mighty appealing the more she thought of it: thick socks, cuddles with her puppy, soft pillows, trashy movies, a mug of hot chocolate...

          But the sight of crushing the glimmer of hope in Camille's eyes was far too gutting. So, Rosalie put on a grin, shrugging her shoulders. "Sure. Why not?"