"It increases when we move from left to right." Misty answered, Wington nodded.

"Atomic number and the number of valence electrons in Xenon?" She asked.

"Atomic number 54, valence electrons 8." Misty replied, Mrs. Wington went back to the book again.

"Ash, this is for you." She said, and Ash got up.

"Calculate the mass of one atom of Oxygen, and one molecule of Oxygen." Mrs. Wington asked, Ash took a moment, while Misty made quick calculations and raised her hand.

'Number of oxygen atoms in 16.0 g of atomic oxygen is 6.022 into 10 raised to 23 atoms. Mass of one atom will be 16.0 upon 6.022 into 10 raised to 23, which will give 2.657 into 10 raised to negative 23 g. Also, the molecular mass of oxygen is 32.0 g. Number of oxygen molecules in it will be 6.022 into 10 raised to 23. Mass of one molecule will be 32.0 upon 6.022 into 10 raised to 23, which will give 5.314 into 10 raised to negative 23 g. Done.' Misty calculated.

"Ash, do you have an answer?" Mrs. Wington asked Ash, who was still thinking.

"Okay then, Misty please tell-" Mrs. Wington began, but was cut off.

"Mass of one atom is 2.657 into 10 raised to negative 23, and mass of a molecule is 5.314 into 10 raised to negative 23." Ash answered. Misty looked at him, and nodded, still a little surprised that he did it.

'Come on, he isn't that dumb, is he?' Misty thought.

"Misty, find the number of Sodium and Sulphate ions in 14.2 gram of Sodium sulphate." The teacher asked her, she quickly began to find it out in her mind.

'Molecular mass of Sodium sulphate is 2 into 23 plus 1 into 32 plus 4 into 16 which gives 142 a.m.u. So 142 g of sodium sulphate will be equal to one more. 14.2 g of sodium sulphate will be 0.1 mole. Total molecules will be 0.1 into 6.02 into 10 raised to 23, which will give 6.02 into 10 raised to 23. 1 molecule of sodium sulphate contains two sodium ions and one sulphate ion. Therefore, Sodium ions present in it will be 2 into 6.02 into 10 raised to 22, which will give 1.204 into 10 raised to 23.Sulpahte ions in it will be 1 into 6.02 into 10 raised to 22, which will be 6.02 into 10 raised to 22. Alright.' Misty thought, and told her answer.

"Sodium ions present will be 1.204 into 10 raised to 22, and Sulphate ions will be 6.02 into 10 raised to 22." Misty answered, quicker than the Mrs. Wington thought.

"Impressive. You two have given the best performance in the internals. I am sure it would be like that in the exams too, am I right?" Mrs. Wington asked.

'Both the tests were written by me..' Misty thought. "We'll see about that." She said, glancing at Ash once, and smirking.

"I am sure it will be." Ash replied, looking ahead and sitting down, Misty does too.

"You think? How about a quick quiz between you and Misty right now?" Mrs. Wington asked. The class cheered, saying yes. It was a good way to waste time for them.

Ash and Misty nodded.

"I will ask the question, tell me the answer as soon as you get it. No need to raise your hand." The teacher instructed, Ash and Misty nodded again.

"Volume at S.T.P. in litres or dm cube of Sulphur dioxide?" She asked.

"22.4" Misty replied.

"And..an example of a single covalent bond." Mrs. Wington asked.

"Hydrogen plus Chlorine which gives Hydrogen Chloride. HCL." Ash answered as soon as she asked. Misty groaned.

"One reason for discarding the law of triad."