Stuck in an Island || 08

Start from the beginning

a thunder lurches with lightening striking far away into the sea. aera holds onto jungkook tighter, letting the boy know that she's scared. he looks at her over his shoulder, caressing her leg with his thumb as he's holding her.

"stay here you two, i'll take a look around and call you if there's something." taehyung says and jogs away leaving jungkook and aera alone for a few minutes.

"ri, will you get off for a while?" jungkook asks, aera nods slowly and he puts her down, stretching his body a little.

his eyes scan around him, finding a rock to sit. aera stands near him, watching the waves hitting the shore with a force that is stronger than normal. another thunder echoes, making the girl flinch as she gasps, turning to face jungkook.

the boy wraps his arm around the girl, bringing her sit on his right leg while hugging her small body, "are you cold?" he asks considering the cold wind and aera's summer romper.

"a little bit" the girl nods, "where's the tent oppa?"

"uh we don't have a tent right now, baby." he says, while bringing her close and rubbing her arms to keep her warm.

"then where will we-"

"jungkook-ah!" taehyung's voice makes jungkook look to his left, seeing taehyung jogging towards them, "there's a small cave kinda thing, we can stay there tonight."

"a cave? hyung seriously? a cave?"

"well, okay, you stay here in the strom. me and aera will use that." taehyung says with a smug look, holding aera's hand as he starts walking away.

"okay fine, i'm coming. how bad can it be?"

aera glances up at taehyung who smiles at her assuringly, and bends down, lifting her in his arms, "riri did a lot of work today hm?"

"oppa did more," she says with a smile, making the older boy chuckle. "are we lost oppa?"

"kind of, but you don't have to worry. taetae and koo will keep you safe."

aera giggles, pulling herself straight as she looks at him, wrapping her arms around his neck, "and riri will keep oppa safe!"

"yeah, and that's called team work." taehyung smiles and stops for a moment, "is jungkook coming or not?"

"i am" jungkook says, now walking beside the elder. his eyes scan the area, stopping at a small, stony pit-like depression at the base of the cliff and for a moment he contemplates if it's actually safe because it's still open, and there might be snakes and other things in there.

"come" he looks at taehyung who is already ahead of him by a few steps, placing aera down on her feet as he pulls out his torch and flashes towards the cave.

he turns around raising his brows at jungkook, making the latter sigh and nod his head in agreement, having no better option than this. he gestures the girl to stand aside and starts helping taehyung in inspecting the area around the supposedly-staying-cave.

"looks fine," taehyung voices, turning to the younger boy, "but we do need fire."

"i got it, don't worry." jungkook fishes out a lighter from his pocket, flickering a tiny flame to show taehyung with a grin on his lips.

"great, let's look around, there should be something dry that burns."

"yeah, i'll go this way, and you go that way."

"cool"

"and where do i go?" aera asks, looking up at the boys, making them stop for a moment.