𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣;

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞"

𝐑𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 not talking, or rather it was Hermione not speaking to Ron, quite annoying really. I didn't even know where I stood, honestly, Harry and I have just been bouncing between them. "He's at perfect liberty to kiss whoever he likes." Hermione says, putting away books at the library. "I really couldn't care less. Was I under the impression he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas party together? Yes." I feel for Hermione, I truly do, but she's hiding her emotions... sounds familiar enough. "Now, given the circumstances, I've had to make other arrangements." "Have you?" Harry and I question, me more shocked. "Yes. Why?" she asks plainly. "I just thought- we just thought that we could all go together, as friends." Harry signals between me and him. "Why didn't I think of that?" she ridicules herself. "Really, H, you're supposed to be smart." I scoff. "Who are you going with?" "I- it's a surprise." she stutters. "Anyway, that doesn't matter." Hermione glances over to the left and nods over. "You see that girl over there? That's Romilda Vane. Apparently she's trying to smuggle you a love potion." "Really?" he widens his eyes. I feel a hint of jealousy.

"Oi." I nudge him. "She's only interested in you because she thinks you're the 'Chosen One'." "But I am the Chosen One." he grins. Hermione wacks him over the head with a piece of parchment paper. "Okay, sorry. Um... kidding!" He darn better be. "I'll ask someone I like, someone cool." A smirk grew on his face and he turns to me. "Eveline, would you like to go to Slughorn's Christmas party with me?" I grin back at him. "Thought you'd never ask."

***

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 on the night of the party, not only is this a chance for Harry and I to be together, but it's another chance to get to know Slughorn

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 on the night of the party, not only is this a chance for Harry and I to be together, but it's another chance to get to know Slughorn. I look at the mirror and think I look presentable enough, so I walk down to the Common Room were Harry was waiting. "I'm ready." I announce getting to the bottom step, hearing music coming from the Gramophone. He turns around and looks me up and down in awe. "You look beautiful." he smiles. "You don't look so bad yourself." I nod to him. "And here I was thinking that you weren't queen anymore." he points to the headband I acquired in First Year from Pearl. "I may not hold that title anymore, but it's too beautiful to just throw away." I say. "Well, you look beautiful with or without it." he smugly states. He holds his hands out, "Dance with me." I smile at him. "Gladly." I take his hands and he pulls me in, I rest my left hand on his shoulder and my right one in his left as his right one clutches my my waist. This felt exactly like the Yule Ball all over again, our terrible dancing that we completely improvised.