Chapter Fifty Seven

Start from the beginning

"Y/n, hi honey, do you feel any pain in your back?"

"I-I, no, I don't, it's just the front," I take a big breath realizing the pain is fading.

"It's probably just Braxton Hicks, nothing to worry about, it's normal. Just your body giving you a test run, kid."

"One hell of a test run." I take another big breath, rubbing my hard bump.

"So, nothing to worry about Doc? I shouldn't rush over to the hospital with her?" Chris takes the phone back.

"No, Chris, just Braxton Hicks. It's normal. I'm also not in Boston yet, but I should be next week. But please don't hesitate to call if Y/n has any other problems."

Chris is paying Dr.Montgomery a bit extra for him to fly out and deliver our baby. Since I'm the most comfortable with him. But Dr.Montgomery refused to accept any more money, that he would happily fly out and stay at his office here in Boston until it was time for Baby Evans to come into the world.

Which should be sometimes in the next foreseeable weeks.

"Okay, doc, thanks. We'll see you soon."

Chris and Dr.Montgomery say goodbye.

"Y'see? No one listens to me." Nikki rolls her eyes. "I was right the whole time."

"Shut up, Nikki. Forgive me, for not listening to you. And seeking advice from an actual doctor."

I snapped at her, and I shouldn't have. I was just annoyed and it came out wrong.

She gave me a look and went into her room.

Tom and Chris, didn't speak to avoid me saying something like that to them.

"Y'okay, baby?" Chris whispers, after Tom excuses himself to the bathroom.

"No," the tears fill my eyes, "I'm scared."

"Hey, hey," he wraps me in his arms, "you have me, sweetheart, and I'm going to be with you every step of the way."

I look up at him, with sorrow in my eyes, "w-what if the baby comes while you're filming? I swear to god Chris if you're over there filming and this baby comes and you're not there - I won't do it."

Chris chuckles softly, "I don't think that's your decision, babe, you can't just 'not push'."

"Oh, watch me, Christopher. I swear to god I won't have this baby if you aren't there."

His hand slides up to the side of my face, "That's not gonna happen, doll. Because the baby knows to come when I'm around."

"Mhm. It better." I lay my head in the crook of his neck.

Since we had a large window in our living room that viewed the beautiful trees, I was watching them away back and forth. Still cuddling against Chris, as he caressed my back up and down.

"I miss my mom." I whisper, "She'd know what to do in situations like these."

Chris had nothing to say, because he feels guilty the way things went down.

"I-I'd do anything to just speak with her, and ask her how to do this. Because I-I don't know how to be a mom, I just want to her hear voice, just for a second." I'm crying at this point, Chris cleaning the tears as they fall.

"You have me, baby, and I'm new to this too. What matters is that we're gonna figure it out, together, okay? You also have my mom who's always ready to help, and your," he takes a big breath, "your sister."