I went over to him, "It's a lot, isn't it?" I asked with a giggle. 

     "Yeah, it certainly is." 

     After his eyes roamed the room a bit more, I grabbed his hand and said, "Okay, come on. Let's go meet people." 

     We walked around a little bit and I gasped when I saw someone I knew. 

     I let go of Ranboo's hand and ran up to him, giving him a hug. "Tommy!" I exclaimed. 

     "Jesus fuck, Scarlett, could you be any more loud?" He asked after pushing me off of him. 

     "Yes," I replied simply. 

     He laughed and hit me on the back. I noticed Ranboo hovering near us and motioned for him to come over. 

     "Ranboo, this is Tommy, my cousin. Kind of." 

     "We're not related," He clarified. 

     "Phil, who you met, is his dad, and is acquainted with my dad in a really good friendship way, so yeah. Cousins. Basically." 

     "You talk a lot," Tommy said. 

     "You talk a lot," I replied, shoving him with my shoulder. 

     He scoffed and rolled his eyes. 

     I glanced at Ranboo again, and, well, he just looked awkward. "Okay, me and Ranboo are gonna go dance," I told Tommy, latching onto Ranboo's arm.

     "Is he your boyfriend or something?"

     "Well-" Ranboo began to speak but I cut him off before I realized he had said something. 

     "We're not dating. I don't know why everybody thinks that." 

     I felt his arm tense under my hands and I knew that I had been too harsh. 

     "Whatever you say," Tommy said flippantly and I gave him a small smile before pulling Ranboo away. 

      When we were by ourselves I said, "Sorry for, um, that. I didn't mean for it to come off so rudely." 

     He gasped a little, "No, you're fine. I just wasn't expecting you to be so opposed to the idea of dating me." Laughter traced his voice as he spoke. 

    I huffed in slight amusement, "It's not that I'm opposed to it, but like I said, you're not my type." 

     "So you'd date me if given the chance?"

     "Dork," I scoffed, dragging him further onto the dance floor. 

     "Wait, but I've never danced before!" He silently exclaimed. 

     "Just follow my lead," I told him. 

    "Easy enough for you to say," He smiled. 

     I rolled my eyes right as the next song started to play, and luckily enough for us it was a slow song. 

     I took a deep breath and said, "Place this hand on my waist," I grabbed his right hand and guided it to my hip. 

     His hand hovered before I pressed it into me. He looked about ready to melt.

     "And then," I brought my own right hand up to his shoulder and intertwined the fingers of my left hand with his. 

     He bit his lip in contemplation and I noticed a small fang that slipped into a groove the bottom lip. 

     I stepped to the left and he stepped with me. 

     "See, you're a natural," I told him, smiling contently. 

     "It was one step," He said with a grumble. 

     "One small step for mankind, or something," I replied. 

     "It's 'one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."" He corrected gently.

     I shrugged, "Close enough." 

     He sighed, "Sure." 

     By now, we had fallen into a rhythm, and I could tell he was naturally settling into the dance. 

     Soon enough, the song had ended and my face cracked into a grin. "See? You did fine. And I'm sure you attracted some attention." 

     While we were dancing, I noticed Dream out of the corner of my eye watching us. "Do you wanna go meet one more person?"

     "What? Sure, I suppose," He said, not knowing who I was about to introduce him to. 

     "Great!" Our hands were still interlocked and I started to pull him over to where I saw Dream. Of course, he had his own crowd of people around him, but they parted, recognizing me. 

     "Ah," The king's-as if he were worthy of that title-voice noted. "You must be Scarlett. I've heard much about you from Techno." 

     "That you apparently didn't believe," I said, meeting eyes with him. 

     "Yes, well, it truly is a pleasure to finally meet you in person," He replied, taking my free hand and placing a kiss on my knuckles. ( a/n pls dont take this as a weird thing im trying to do my best to write high society )

     His green eyes flitted over to Ranboo, "And who might you be?" 

     I looked at him and saw the telltale purple particles of excitement. "I, um, I'm Ranboo. Scarlett's friend. Date. Friend. Yeah." 

     It took everything I had in me to not start laughing, he was so nervous. I could feel it in the way his hand tightened around mine, and how his arm seemed tense. 

     "Well, now that you have proof of my existence I'll be off now. A pleasure to make your acquaintance," I smiled, and then pulled Ranboo away to an excluded corner of the room. 

     "Holy shit I just met Dream and I fumbled," Was the first thing he said. 

    I finally was able to start laughing, "You did fine. Besides, I think he liked you." 

     "Really?" I could see the stars in his eyes and I giggled again. 

     "Yeah. Okay, I'm hungry, so I'm gonna find the snacks. Want anything?" 

     He shook his head no and I made my way to the snack table. 

heyy how yall doing . . .  im ngl even i noticed my writing stlye change a bit in the last part so if ur like " boy what da hell boy " i am too ! so yeah i hope u liked this one and the next one will be out soon ( ?? )