"Goodness, I should've just wore flats." I muttered as I felt my ankles getting a little sore. I also realized that the pumps I'm wearing were the one that are a bit small for me.

As I was about to reach the front door, it suddenly opened and it made me pause when I saw Hwayoung running towards me. She's in her school uniform but it got a little crinkled. It was an automatic action for me to kneel down and welcome her in my arms.

"M-Mommy...." She mumbled and slowly, short sobs we're heard as her tears starts to wet my blouse.

"It's okay, Hwayoung. I'm here now." I hushed as I rub her back and let her cry for a bit. "Where's Mr. Kim? Is he inside the house?" I kindly asked and she nodded her head before pulling away.

"Let's go, mommy. Daddy needs you." She uttered, trying to suppress her sniffles, and held my hand.

I stood up and let her lead me inside their house. The moment I entered, I got aback to see maids here and there. When I went here before, I never saw them. Perhaps they were out that day? And as we ascend, I saw Hwayoung's nanny so I bowed a little to her when she caught me looking at her.

While we're walking, my mind went blank for a little moment. What am I doing? Why am I doing this again? I'm just a mere secretary who wants to work and earn. Then I remember that I made a promise to Taehyung. A pinky promise that I'll help Mr. Kim and Hwayoung whenever they need it. I should've just applied as their personal assistant. Was that too mean to think of?

I was quite lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice we already stopped in front of a door. I glanced at Hwayoung and she pointed at the door.

"Daddy is waiting for you inside, mommy." She informed and due to confusion, I pointed at myself with eyes asking. "Yes. You." She confirmed, so I let out a silent sigh before looking at the door again.

"Hwayoung, I can't go inside. I'm not allowed." I said, because why would I enter Mr. Kim's room without his permission? Plus, I might end up getting fired if I enter. We wouldn't want that to happen.

But when I looked at Hwayoung, a pout was in her lips, as if she's about to cry again. I quickly bent a little to be at her level and tried to hush her before she could even cry.

"Please don't cry." I cooed, "Alright. I'll go inside, only if you will go with me. I don't want Mr. Kim to think I barged in his room, especially without his permission." I explained and saw her nod.

With a deep breath, I told myself to just do my work here quickly and leave as soon as possible. So, I held the knod and slowly twisted it open. The squaling sound of the door getting opened gave me a shiver as I felt like I am entering a horror room. The room was dimmed, almost dark that there's no light entering inside. The curtains are all closed. I walked inside and looked around, trying to adjust my sight, until I finally got a glimpse of the bed.

"Hwayoung, can you please turn on the lamp on the side table?" I whispered and she let go of my hand to do what I requested.

When the light was applied, that's when I got a clearer sight of the room. It was bigger than I thought. At the same time, I heard a deep groaning sound, making me look at the bed near me.

"Daddy haven't left his room since yesterday. Uncle Tae would usually take care of daddy, but Uncle Tae is not here anymore." Hwayoung mumbled as she ascend to the bed, then crawled up. "Daddy never let anyone go inside his room unless it's me or Uncle Tae." She explained even more.

She slowly removed the blanket, giving me a glimpse of Mr. Kim's figure. He was quivering while hugging himself. I placed down my bags and quietly went on the side of the bed to check him. I placed my palm on his forehead, but it didn't last long because his skin was indeed burning hot.

"Goodness, he has a fever." I uttered to myself as I fold my blouse's sleeves to allow me to work better.

I quickly went to the bathroom inside the room, to look for a basin. It took me a while but I haven't found one so I told Hwayoung to stay beside him while I go down and ask for the things I need. On my way downstairs, I saw one of the maid.

"Excuse me!" I called and she turned around to face me.

"Yes, ma'am?" She asked.

"I don't want to bother, but do you know where the basins are? I need two." I asked and she nodded, asking me to come with her.

I followed her to the kitchen and she told me to wait for her, so I did. While I was waiting, I decided to get something. I remember that my mother would use cold water, if not ice, when I had fevers. She would dampen the hand towel with cold water and wipe it on me. She said that the cold water helps on taking away the heat, resulting for the body to go back to its normal temperature. So, when I saw another maid, I asked for her permission to get some ice and a large bottle of cold water from the fridge. At that exact moment, the maid came to me with the basins in her hands. After getting the things I needed, I thanked them and quickly went upstairs.

I was able to distinguish Mr. Kim's room immediately, so when I was in front of the door, I knocked softly before entering. Hwayoung is still beside him, just like how I left them. I first looked for the remote of the air-condition and turned it into low. Then, I went to the other side of the bed and took a stool for me to sit on. I placed one basin on the side table and poured the water, along with the ice, then started to dampen the hand towel.

"Mr. Kim, I hope you won't mind if I wipe your arms with this." I whispered as I squeeze the excess water off the towel.

I took a deep breath before further removing the blanket till his waist. He's wearing a white t-shirt, that may be the reason why he easily gets cold. I held his hand and tried to extend it. He flinched when his skin felt the cold hand towel.

"Sir, it'll be quick, okay?" I said in a gentle manner as I start to wipe his arm to his hand.

I worked quietly and tried my best not to hurt him whenever I extend his arm. After that, I took the other hand towel and did the same thing but on his forehead to his head. His brows that were furrowed before are finally relaxed.

"You take care of daddy better than Uncle Tae did." Hwayoung suddenly mentioned, making me chuckle a little. "Why don't you live with us?" She added, my smile slowly faded.

"Is it alright if you put the blanket on your father?" I asked to change the topic, she gladly complied.

I'm not oblivious of what Hwayoung is doing. I understand that she may have found a mother figure in me, but I don't want her to pursue it to be true. I don't want to make her expect that things will go the way she want them to be. I'm her father's secretary, that's it. Besides, having a relationship with your boss is against the company's policy. Things will be a mess if that will happen, which I hope not.

[A/N: Hi! How are you all? It's my third day of class. Good news, I got to balance the Asset and Equity in my Statement of Financial Position. Accounting sucks, but is fun. Well, I hope it will continue that way. Anyway, I hope you all liked the update. I don't know how I came up with this, but I hope it will make a good flow.]