As murmurs of agreement rose and before Annalise could protest, Barbossa spoke up.

"There be a third course."

Annalise turned to frown at Barbossa but he ignored her as he addressed the rest of the Brethren.

"In another age at this very spot, the first Brethren Court captured the sea goddess and bound her in her bones."

Barbossa nodded his head and others joined in agreement. Only to be surprised when Barbossa announced, "That was a mistake."

Annalise's frown deepened and she now saw the interaction between Barbossa and Sao Feng before her capture with understanding as Barbossa continued confidently.

"Oh, we tamed the seas for ourselves, aye. But opened the door to Beckett and his ilk! Better were the days when mastery of seas came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures, but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. You all know this to be true."

Again murmurs of agreement arose and Barbossa stood back confidently.

"Gentlemen." He paused beside Annalise pointedly. "Ladies. We must free Calypso."

For a moment, there was absolute silence. A pin drop could have been heard. And then, utter chaos broke out.

"Shoot him!" Someone shouted above the din while someone else yelled, "Cut out his tongue!"

"Shoot him and cut out his tongue." Jack suggested brightly. "Then shoot his tongue! And trim that scraggly beard."

Annalise shot him a withering look while Tai Huang snapped, "Sao Feng would've agreed with Barbossa."

"Aye." Barbossa began, but the African pirate lord cut him off.

"Calypso was our enemy then. She will be our enemy now."

"And it's unlikely her mood's improved." The French pirate lord agreed.

"I would still agree with Sao Feng. We release Calypso!" The Spanish pirate lord argued, drawing his pistol and settling it on the table before him.

The French pirate lord stiffened. "You threaten me?"

"I silence you!" The Spaniard started, raising his gun but the Frenchman punched him in the face before he could do anything more. The gun fired into the ceiling and both crew started to shout and fight each other.

Annalise stared at the scene before her, appalled.

"This is madness."

"This is politics." Jack corrected absently before realizing who he was speaking to.

Their eyes met briefly before Annalise looked away first. Something about that didn't sit right with Jack but she was already moving on.

"Meanwhile, Beckett and Jones are on their way."

"If they not be here already." Barbossa muttered gloomily, before he called for order.

He was of course ignored, but Barbossa took a leaf out of Annalise's book. Climbing atop the long oak table, he fired into the air. The pirates settled enough for the pirate captain to continue their debate in a more civilized manner.

"Who was the first court what imprisoned Calypso' We should be the ones to set her free, and in her gratitude, she will see fit to grant us boons."

"Whose boons? Your boons?" Jack shot back.

Barbossa rolled his eyes in exasperation while Jack announced decidedly, "Utterly deceptive twaddle-speak, says I."

"If you have a better alternative, please. Share." Barbossa replied scathingly as he got off the table and gestured to the crowd.