But he didn't obey the command. His grip was tightest now and I could feel his nails in my skin, numbing my already tingling arm from when I'd slapped him.

I heard her heels clanking on the floor, moving towards us. And then felt her breath right behind us.

Suddenly, my hair was grabbed and my head was yanked back. My neck cracked and I shrieked. Draco let go of me to not cause any more strain, and Bellatrix pushed me against the wall. My head hit the bricks and my vision went dim for a scary second.

"Oh dear," she said, getting a good look at my tear-streaked face and blood shot eyes. "She seems to be in distress," she said, carelessly.

"It's nothing important," I heard Draco say. "It's about me," he lied. "We had a disagreement, that's all."

"Mhm," Bellatrix said, not even listening to a single word of Draco's unconvincing lie. Her eyes were fixed on me, staring at me like I was a strange creature she'd never seen before.

She stayed in front of me, keeping me against the wall. A single tear that I tried desperately to hold in managed to slip out from under my eyelashes. The witch started to smile - a disgusting, psychopathic smile, and she let out the beginning of her horrible cackle.

I spat at her without even thinking and her smile disappeared, stumbling back and roaring in fury.

"You murdered my dad!" I accused, as she tripped over herself in her haste, screaming.

Draco tried to grab me to take me out of the room and away from Bellatrix, but I pushed him again. But it wasn't my force that stopped him from trying a second time; at Bellatrix's scream, several Death Eaters had entered the room, pulling us all off each other.

Draco was forced backwards, restrained by two others, while another man pulled me off of Bellatrix.

She wiped her face with her sleeve and looked at me with disgust. "YOU DOG!" she screamed. "CRUCIO!" She aimed her wand at me.

I screamed more in anger than in pain if that was even possible, dropping my weight to the floor but the man held me up from behind.

"I knew you were a fake," she said, looking me up and down. "You thought you could pretend to be one of us?" she whispered, her face inches from mine. "BITCH!" she screamed suddenly, her fowl breath in my face.

"Give the Mud-blood to Fenrir," she said, turning away to leave. "We don't need her anymore."

"NO!" Draco screamed, fighting against the two Death Eaters that held him back.

I kicked the man behind me in the same way that I'd tried kick Draco just moments before. He let go but caught me again and I cursed at him, screaming for him not to touch me.

But he dragged me along the room, pulling my hair and roughly shoving me forward. I could still hear Draco yelling and struggling against the two others from behind me.

The man took me towards a descending staircase and carelessly pushed me down. I fell down the last few steps, scraping my arms and legs before finally crashing into the metal bars at the bottom. He came walking down the stairs behind me carelessly and unlocked the barred doors from over my collapsed body. He kicked my back and knocked me roughly into the cellar.

I was still screaming at everyone and anything, feeling completely and utterly broken.

The Death Eater shut the door behind him and spat at me just as I'd done to Bellatrix before walking up the stairs towards Draco's continued yells.

I couldn't even fathom the position I was in. I could never had imagined it. I remembered my worst day at Hogwarts all those months ago, and heard my own voice - the one that had told me way back then that on the bright side, nothing could get any worse.

Well everything did get worse.

If I could have gone back to change any one of the things that led me to this position, I'd do it all over in a heart-beat.

None of that was worth this.

Draco wasn't worth this.

I stayed on the floor, too tired to scream any longer.

How stupid and privileged I was back at Hogwarts. I hated myself for not being content with my life, for feeling the need to throw every single good thing I had away for someone I barely knew, for someone who everyone had warned me about.

I had damned myself. And I had damned my dad.

My throat was aching from my screams and I could barely open my eyes anymore. They were swollen and puffy. My arms were bleeding and the dirt from the floor of the cellar had entered the wounds, stinging me.

I heard footsteps coming down and I expected them to belong to the werwolf, but I didn't have the energy to fight. I knew I was going to die here, and if not today, soon; they'd never let me go. They'd probably use me for whatever information they could get out of me before finally getting rid of me .

But it wasn't Fenrir. It was Draco.

He leaned on the bars, his face still red from my slap, and started apologizing right away. I didn't listen to any of it. I stayed sitting on the ground, shrouded in the darkness, looking at the opposite brick wall instead of him.

"...and I understand what the room showed me," he whispered. "It makes even more sense now..."

I turned my head slightly, my attention caught.

"Of course, it was never telling me that you'd help me with the mission," he said softly. "When it showed me someone who I need, it meant someone who'd take me off his path. Someone to show me that this isn't what I want," he said, putting his hand on the bars, reciting what I had already figured out to myself two weeks ago. "And you did, Bella. This isn't the life I want. I don't want to be like this people. Tonight, if anything, solidified that.."

I stopped listening there.

If it was possible to get any more mad, I did. It was like my father's murder was a lesson for him -a lesson he should have already known.

I spoke nothing to him when he finished his explanation. He begged for me to say anything, but I just sat there. He waited for far longer than I expected.

Sick by his presence, it was a few minutes before I spoke, still looking away.

"You should just kill me now, Draco," I said, voice low and rough. From the corner of my eyes, I could see that my words had completely shocked him. "Being with you took everything from me," I continued, meaning every word that I said.

I turned to look at him now and I saw him leaning against the bars, desperation in his teary eyes.

"You should just kill me now because I can't stand another second of this life with you," I said finally, staring into him deeply before looking away again.

He said nothing, but I heard a small fragile breath escape his lips at my words.

It was a few seconds before I saw his shadow on the wall head back up the stairs, leaving me alone to wallow in mourning and regret.

Pawns | A Draco Malfoy Love Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें