47 - The Big Green Thing

Start from the beginning

He took his hand away form his face, his hand shaking slightly. "When did this happen?" He asked.

"Last year. I'd just started high school." I replied nonchalantly.

"You were 14!" He yelled, before trying to calm himself down with some deep breaths. I'd never seen him turn into the hulk, and I didn't want him to. 

"Yes. But we can discuss this all later. I haven't had any other side effects. Just that." The elevator doors opened and I stepped out to see a group of people looking at us. I lifted my hand and gave them all a small wave as Kiraz flew back onto my shoulder. "Hi!" I turned to Bruce. "You didn't tell me this was a group meeting day?"

A man stepped forward who I instantly recognised as Captain America. "Bruce, why is she here."

"I know as much as you." Bruce said wearily stepping out of the elevator behind me. Gently I pulled Chad out of my T-shirt and set him on the floor, making one of the girls in front of me who I didn't recognise jump back. A tall man at back, Loki who had invaded New York only a few years before, laughed a little.

"Roara," He said lazily, "you really must get over your fear of rodents."

"Maybe," The brown haired girl turned to him, "you should stop being such a dick!"

"Hey guys, I'm not here to cause trouble." I said stepping towards the group. "But I have information and it couldn't wait. I was followed all the way here, and apparently according to a messaging system that came from Washington DC, a girl was taken outside her home last night. Thing is she could turn invisible. Even weirder, the guy who took her, he's the one who's been following me."

Everyone stared at me, their jaws going slack. 

"What?" I looked around, completely confused.

"Kid, I think you should come with me." I looked to my left to see Tony Stark walking away down a corridor. Bruce gave me a little push and I walked along, Kiraz rising to fly alongside me. "We've heard the exact same thing." Mr Stark said over his shoulder. "Only we didn't know he'd be in New York so soon."

"Well, Mr Stark, can I call you Mr Stark?" I asked. I saw Mr Stark's shoulders rise and fall in a shrug. "Mr Stark, he's very very fast. Even Kiraz can't see him properly when he moves, he's just a blur to her."

Mr Stark turned around to face me. We were in a big room, lots of people running around, on computers, talking to each other. "Who the hell is Kiraz."

"The uh," I turned around in a circle. This place was huge. Really huge. "The bird." I said quietly, taking everything in. There were some couches off to the side, with a small kitchen section too. It was a place that if you were working you didn't need to leave. 

"The bird?" Tony asked.

"Yeah, I can uhm," Someone pushed past me and I felt the small claws of Chad climbing up my leg, "I can speak to animals."

"You can what?" A woman asked. Black Widow.

"Yeah, I messed around with some of Uncle Bruce's equipment." I muttered. Black Widow led me to one of the couches to take a seat.

"My name is Natasha. This is Roara," she pointed to the brown haired girl who didn't like rodents, "that's Alina," she pointed to the tall girl who was wearing a crop top and combat trousers, her slender dark fingers tapping on the desk impatiently, "and I suppose you know everyone else from the TV."

"Yeah." Someone placed a mug of coffee into my hands. I took a long drink. "Sorry, I didn't realise how scared I'd been that I was being followed. I just tried to go into tactical thinking brain. Sorry. Words aren't working."