𝟏𝟔✧ 𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐁𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐒.

Start from the beginning

She grabs ahold of the knob and twists it, scared to walk into the Jedi's room. As she does, she noticed he was flipping through some sort of book, bored out of his mind. Maybe she could cheer him up.

"Hello." Carmen spoke up from where she stood so he wouldn't be alarmed by her presence. "I hope you're feeling better." She takes the seat beside him and watched as he closed the book to give his full attention to her.

"I am feeling better. How're you? Your head must hurt from the fall you took." Obi-Wan doesn't know too much about her, but he could see her as a potential friend in the near future.

She laughed, "It's not too bad. My arm hurts worse. Anyways, I came in here to talk to you about something. You deserve to know the truth."

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "What truth?"

"This is going to sound insane, so maybe I can show you? It'll be easier and you'd probably believe me more if I did."

Obi-Wan stared at the girl and then glanced down at her hands that were waiting to show him everything. Now that it's just them two alone and he wasn't busy trying to save his own life, he started to feel the force inside of her. How he didn't see it before was a mystery to him.

He watched as she put her hands on his face and they both close their eyes. He doesn't know what to expect when he opens them, but he is surrounded by sand. Again. Just like Anakin had seen. The different memories play through and one in particular stands out to him.

Obi-Wan almost falls over in shock, but she quickly grabs ahold his arm and wraps it around her's. There was still more to go. They continue to watch him talk to the blonde in his force ghost and suddenly, the man hands her his lightsaber.

They're then pulled into another memory of Carmen saving Shmi from the killer sand people. And that's when it stops.

Carmen looks over at him and begins to speak before he can, "I have something else I need to tell you. I can't show you since it's someone else's memory and I haven't gone that far in the force yet. Just, don't freak out, alright?"

"I'll try my best."

"My name is Carmen Jinn."

"Jinn? You're Qui-Gon's daughter!"

Carmen nodded, she could feel the different emotions rolling through him after the words leave her lips and she offers him a smile, "I know it's a lot to take in, but yes, I am. He and Yoda had sent me away to the other world for my protection so no one could find out about me. My mother's dying wish for him was to keep me safe and he did."

Obi-Wan felt a pang at his heart. To have Yoda and even Qui-Gon themselves not tell him about the pregnancy sucked. He wasn't a padawan when she was born, but it would've made him feel better to know everything. But, he did miss the large man. "Is it alright if I give you a hug? You're the last living thing that's apart of him, it'd ma—" he didn't get to finish as she pulled him into one.

"Never be afraid to ask me for anything, Obi-Wan. I know you two were close and having me around would probably help sooth you in some way. I understand." She pulled away and smiled at him. "Now, why don't you rest and I will come check up on you later?"

Obi-Wan settles back down on his hospital bed and nods, "You sound like a mother."

"That's a good thing, I hope?" She grinned and walked out, immediately going into Anakin's room across the hall.

He was still sleeping as she walked up to him. He looked so peaceful just laying there with his eyes closed. No more nightmares and it was all because of her. It made her heart blossom just knowing that she was the cause of his dreams to be filled with love and laughter.

Carmen rubs her hand along his tanned cheek and watched as his eyes slowly open, grasping his head around where he was. "Good morning, sleepy-head. How did you sleep?"

Anakin glanced around himself and then meets her eyes, "The medical bay? What am I doing here?"

"Apparently you had gotten a scratch after trying to defeat Dooku, but you somehow passed out like I did. Yoda thinks it might scar, but who knows."

"Oh my stars! I had forgotten about you falling, how are you? Are you hurt badly?" Anakin raised up in his bed and started looking all over her body for anything out of the ordinary. His eyes come across her shoulder and they slightly darken. "What is this?"

Carmen slaps his hand away, "Relax. It's just a graze. I'll be fine." She saw him sigh in relief. "I talked to Obi-Wan. He knows about where I came from and who I am. And I hope you know that whatever is happening between us, I always plan on telling him."

"What? Why would you do that? He would tell the council on us!" Here it is. Anakin's first outburst.

"No he won't! Do you not trust your master who is like a father to you? He would never tell a soul, I promise. And if he did, who cares. Yoda knew about my father and his lover. Maybe it's our time to change the Jedi code." Carmen didn't care what he had to say on the matter. She was always going to tell Obi-Wan.

She loved the older Jedi like a brother/father figure. Even if they'd barely gotten to know each other, the television is what made her feel close with him. And she knew he was torn up inside when learning about Anakin's relationship with the Senator. She didn't want his heartbroken ever again.

Anakin was slowly working on the trusting thing. The process is definitely going slow, but it was almost there. As he stared at the beautiful blonde beside him, blue eyes clashing, he felt like he could never disagree on anything she had to say.

"I trust you and if you believe Obi-Wan is a good person to tell, then I won't mind. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't care about leaving the Jedi if it meant I could be with you forever." His large hand reached up and cupped her right cheek, the boy immediately noticing the red tinted hue that suddenly appeared.

Carmen giggled, trying to ignore the butterflies that swam through her stomach, "I'm sure that is true, but I don't have any doubt about them not accepting it." She could be very persuasive when she wants.

Anakin tries to stand up, but she pushes him back down. "You need some rest." She pulls the tiny blanket over his huge body and tucks it underneath him. "I'll come check on you later." Giving him a kiss on his forehead, she leaves the room with a smile on her face.

Carmen looks at the time and decides it probably best to have that talk with Yoda. It's time to talk about her being a Jedi and the code.

( AUTHORS NOTE : ) we're finally done with aots!!! this isn't the last chapter that's based around the movie though, there will be more considered after the movie that will eventually lead into the next one!