[ uno ]

[ uno ] 

Valerie arrived at the airport and waited at the terminal. Her family was of money, on her mother's side, and her parents lived in a large house in the most luxurious part of the city. Her father, Robert Greene, had worked his way up from a humble family to become one of the best lawyers in the country. Tired from the flight from Barcelona and yearning to see her parents, she walked out with her luggage trailing behind her, into the waiting area. She expected there to be a member of the house staff ready to take her home. But there was no one. 

She waited several minutes before she made the call to her house. Her foot tapped on the ground impatiently as she waited for an answer. On the other end of the phone, she heard someone answer the call. "Greene residence." A woman greeted.

"Laura, its Valerie." She began. "Where are my parents? They said they'd be picking me up. I honestly don't expect them to show up, but  at least hope they sent someone to get me."

"Oh, menina!" The woman gushed, overjoyed to be hearing the young woman's voice. "Alfredo left the house a while ago, but we heard there was a lot of traffic at the airport today. Maybe you should wait for him at the drop-off zone." The woman suggested in a cheerful voice.

Valerie sighed. "Okay. Thank you, Laura."

She clicked the end button on her phone and pushed past the people going into the airport on her way out. Valerie waited another while, looking around for the driver. When she finally became impatient, she looked around for a taxi. It was probably going to cost her a lot of money, but she concluded it was her parents' fault for leaving her stranded.

Shifting her weight onto one leg, she felt the strap of her purse sliding down her arm until it was at her wrist. A car stopped at the curb two feet from her and she saw a young woman get out. Valerie glanced at her for a moment and later went back to searching for a tax. The person in the car hadn't even bothered to get out and say goodbye to the woman. Valerie thought it rude of that person. 

From her left, she heard hurried footsteps of someone approaching. She had but one second to look to her side when a man dressed in all black snatched her purse from her and shoved her back, causing her to fall off her feet. Valerie had no time to respond when the man had already disappeared into a crowd of people. Everything had been so sudden that she hadn't even seen what the thief looked like.

No one stopped to help her or ask if she was okay. 

Only one person, the person in the car who had sropped off the young woman. He rushed to her side and knelt before her, asking, "Are you okay?" His hand hesitantly moved to rest on her shoulder.

"Yeah." She lied. But tears suddenly escaped her eyes. Upon hearing him speak, she looked up when she realized the person helping her was Toni Kroos. "What are you doing here?" Her voice came out whiny caused by the shock she had experienced.

"I came to drop someone off." He replied simply.

"Oh." was all she said.

"What are you doing in Madrid?" Toni wondered, straightening himself up and helping her get back on her feet. Though she was mean to him when they met, he felt sorry for her and wanted to help.

"My parents live here." She replied. "They were supposed to pick me up, but they are nowhere to be found."

"I'll take you." The German footballer offered shyly.

Valerie snorted. "So you can kill me and dump me in some ditch for being mean to you? No thank you."

"Fine." He shrugged, making his way back to the driver side of his car. "The only one who ends up losing here is you. You're the one who will stay out here for hours. I have a car and you don't."

"Okay, okay!" She stopped him just as his hand gripped the handle. "Take me home." She said, but her words sounded more like an order.

He raised and eyebrow at her. "A please would be nice."

"Will you please just get me home?" She rolled her eyes at him. "I will be forever grateful to you." And she wasn't lying. Valerie wanted to get out of that airport as soon as possible.

Toni grinned, his shyness suddenly gone. "That's better."

He returned to her side, picked up her luggage and put it in the trunk while she got in the car. In the rearview mirror, she could see a child in the back seat. She turned to see a little boy who looked about three years old. Toni got in the car seconds after and she gestured to the child, "Is this your little brother or something?"

"My son Leon." He corrected her.

She raised an eyebrow at him in surprise. "So the human stone got busy once?"

"More than just once. And even if it had been just once, I'm sure it was one more than you ever got." He told her with an awkward cough. Adding, "Not that its any of your business."

Valerie felt her face going red. "Will you just drive already?"

"I would if I knew where to go." He responded.

Valerie gave him directions the entire way to her house and when he tried to make conversation with her again, she kept the conversation going. She felt she owed it to him to at least be polite when he was taking the time to get her back to her house.

-

chapter one for madrid boys. i hope you all enjoy it. i am in such a shit mood right now. haha. because people are hating on my babe paul aguilar because club américa lost. THATS NOT WHAT THEY SAID WHEN THEY WERE DICKRIDING PAUL LAST SEASON. they just need to remember their ball sucking faces when they praised him. i mean, im glad amé lost. BUT I LOVE PAUL. SO IF ANYONE TALKS SHIT ABOUT MY LOVE IMMA TIE THE LONG HAIR ON THEIR HAIR TO THE SHORT HAIR ON THEIR ASS AND KICK THEM DOWN THE STREET. ahaha.

this is not intended for anyone in particular. im just pissed at all the hate my paul is getting. he is such a great player. one bad game doesnt mean anything.

anyway thank you for reading!

-clary xx