Experiment 2

"First a warming seelie, and now a mysterious seelie. What is uncle planning to do with them?"

The Golden Guard is currently searching for a mysterious seelie in the request of his uncle.

As he travels through Whispering Woods, he heard something. Out of curiosity, he start searching on where the noise came from.

At further inspection, the noise turns out to be two witches shouting for someone.

"Klee!!"

"Klee, where are you!?"

'Klee? Are they searching for a palisman? If they are, might as well take it first.' As he was about to search the area for the mysterious seelie and the palisman.

"What are we gonna do?! Mr. [M/N] will kill us if we don't find her!!"

He stops in his track at the mention of the alchemist.

'[M/N]? So, Klee is his palisman. If I could have my hands on his palisman, then-'

His thoughts got cut short as someone crashed into him, making them fall into the ground. He pointed his staff towards the 'attacker'. Only to lowered it after finding out that it was a little girl.

She is a small witch girl with pale skin and light red eyes. She has pale blonde hair tied in pigtails with a prominent cowlick.

She wears a red coat with a darker red embellishment and keyhole shapes in the hem over a white dress and shorts, as well as a fluffy scarf with a pom-pom, gloves, knee socks, boots, and a brown messenger bag.

Attached to this bag is a furry, woodland animal-shaped pom-pom.

She wears a sizeable red newsboy cap with a pin featuring a clover insignia and two white feathers.

"Ow.. Sorry mister, I wasn't looking." She said as she gets up from the ground, dusting herself off.

"Oh no! It's scattered!" She said as she start picking up the small flowers she have dropped.

Seeing the panic girl, he decided to help the little witch pick up the flowers she have dropped.

"Thank you, mister!"

"No problem, why do you need these flowers anyway?"

"This aren't flowers, they're small lamp grass! I overheard that big brother [M/N] needs them for his experiment. So, Klee decided to help!" She giggled.

'Klee? So they're looking for his little sister. Wait-!'

"Big brother?! You're his little sister?!" He said in disbelief.

'But, you look nothing like each other!!' He thought.

"Yeah! Hey, mister. Can you bring me to Dragonspine? Big brother [M/N] said that I shouldn't go to Dragonspine without a grown up with me, he said it's dangerous." Klee asked the guard.

After contemplating about it, he sighs in defeat and decided to bring to girl to Dragonspine.

Along the way, he told Klee to call him by his title; Golden Guard. And through Klee's attempt on having conversations with him, he have find out that the chief alchemist got his position on the coven through recommendation as he's a 'genius teen prodigy.'

'So, he's just like me.. A so called 'genius teen prodigy.''

After what feels like hours of walking, they finally made it to the alchemist campsite at Dragonspine.

"Big brother!"

"Klee!"

[M/N] run towards Klee before crouching down and hugged her. "Don't run off like that. You're going to scare me to death."

"Sorry, but look what Klee got!" She then show him the wild grass.

"Small lamp grass?"

"Klee overheard that big brother needs small lamp grass for your experiment. So, Klee decided to help."

[M/N] sighs in frustration. "Klee, we could have gotten them together when I'm not busy."

"...Is Klee in trouble..?"

"No, you're not. But next time don't run off like that, you could have gotten hurt."

"Don't worry! Klee can protect herself, plus, the Golden Guards also here!" She motion to the guard who was watching the whole thing in amusement.

[M/N] then let go of Klee, stand back straight. "So that's why you're here. Well, thank you Golden Guard."

"It was nothing really... Do you happened to have a mysterious seelie with you?"

[M/N] was taken back by his question. "It's for the Emperor, isn't it?"

Before the guard could answer, the alchemist have shoved a mysterious seelie to him that was placed in a lantern like the warming seelie.

"Thanks."

"See you later, Golden Guard." [M/N] said as he headed back to his workstation.

"Yeah... Later."

----------

By that time, [M/N] have gotten back to the alchemy castle with Klee.

[M/N] then told one of the guard to contact Sucrose and Timaeus, that Klee is safe with him.

'First a warming seelie... And now, a mysterious seelie... What is the Emperor thinking? Those two are filled with wild magic. Heck! They're made out of wild magic.' [M/N] thought as he enter his laboratory.

[M/N] decided to not think about it and just continue his experiment that he have put on hold for awhile, because of the lack of small lamp grass.

A couple of hours have pass, and a knock was heard from the laboratory's door.

"Come in."

The door opens to revealed Sucrose.

"Hello, Mr. [M/N]. How was your experiment going?" She asked as she walk towards the workstation.

"It's doing wonderful, the experiment yielded great results." [M/N] respond as he writes the results on his notebook.

"A small lamp grass is a wild grass that emits light at night. Used in cooking to enhance other flavors." [M/N] start explaining.

"Just as the subtle fragrance of wild flowers will not distract a focused person, Small Lamp Grass' delicate glow will not attract their attention either, even at night."

"So, with the delicate glow of a small lamp grass, the samples I've taken from both of the seelie's, and the palistrom wood I manage to get my hands on. I have create this little guy." [M/N] said as a yellow seelie floats next to him.

Sucrose gasp at the small creature her teacher have created, amazed by it. "You've manage to create a seelie palisman!"

"Palisman is like a tool for witches to use for their magic, it is filled with wild magic. Some goes for seelie's, they're also filled with wild magic." [M/N] began to explain.

"I had manage to combined those two together and created the most powerful palisman known to witches kin."

"T-that's amazing, Mr. [M/N]! Should I t-tell Rhinedottir a-about your creation?" Sucrose asked her teacher, her eyes not leaving the yellow seelie.

"No... Let's keep this little guy hidden for now." [M/N] said as he patted the seelie's head.

"Alright."

Word Count : 1108 Words