You took the spoon slowly, gripping it tightly without using it at all. The porridge looked delicious, but only your eyes enjoyed it.

Apparently, the dream affected you so much.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" Chan said while eating his porridge. He realised you were just looking at the porridge without touching it at all.

"Was your dream that bad? Until it makes you don't want to eat ?" he continued.

"W-what? How do you know ?"

Chan put down his spoon, paused his activity for a while and took a slow sip of water. He looked deep into your eyes. Your reddened and empty eyes were of course clearly visible to him.

"People who sleep will show the side that they never did to anyone. That's the honest side of them, of you, even when you try to lie to yourself.

Last night, you cried in your sleep. Your face expressed fear, emptiness and numbing pain.

Maybe it's something you've always been hiding, that you might be trying to ignore.

So I'm asking you again, is there something you want to tell me?"

Chan's words left you pensive for a moment. You didn't dare to look into his eyes. You didn't want to feel mentally "stripped" by a stranger like him.

"Why should I trust you? You're a stranger."

"That's the point, Y/n."

"Huh?"

Chan got up from his seat and walked to you. He turned your chair slowly to face him. Then knelt in front of you, trying to meet his eyes with yours.

"Look into my eyes, Y/n."

Chan's gentle words made you finally want to look at him. His eyes looked sincere and calm, like an umbrella that was ready to protect you from anything bad out there.

"Sometimes it's better to tell a stranger than to someone you know. Because a stranger won't take advantage of your secret."

You knew which one was being honest and which one was lying. You knew what a sincere person looked like and which one had bad intentions. Those were all your skills.

And you didn't find a lie in his eyes.

-

"My mum was popular for her beauty when she was in school

"My mum was popular for her beauty when she was in school. She was even on the cover of a teen magazine." You said while looking at the sunflower you just picked, "She doesn't like fat people, she thinks it's disgusting. No man would ever approach a fat woman."

Chan furrowed his brow, quite surprised by what you said. In this era, were there some people who still have that kind of mindset?

"So that's why you eat so little, maybe you don't even eat?"

"Yeah, it feels like my self-esteem is gone along with the foods that go into my mouth," you said with a laugh, "For my family, fat people look lower than slim ones. My dad even said that I'm not beautiful if I'm fat."

Chan didn't say anything but with his action again. He took your hand and led you to the middle of the sunflower garden that had been in front of you two. He kept walking, keeping his eyes focused on the scattered rows of sunflowers.

He finally stopped, then plucked a sunflower that had a hole in it. Even some of the petals had come off.

With a smile, Chan handed you the flower, making you put on a confused expression.

"Why do you give me an ugly flower?"

"My eyes say it's beautiful," Chan said as he tucked a few strands of your hair behind your ear, "You think it's ugly, because you're the one who see it, not me-

If they say that you're not beautiful, maybe not to someone."

Did my feelings reach your heart, Y/n?

You chuckled. To be honest, his words comforted you a bit. You admit it, all of Chan's words today really stuck in your heart.

But still, don't trust anyone easily, right?

"You have many good pick-up lines, Chan."

"Those are not pick-up lines !" Chan said disapprovingly, "It's not just words, but it's a form of love that my parents gave me. And that form of love, I summarise into a principle that I want to hold on to forever."

You nodded in understanding. Ah, you envy him so bad.

A warm family, which pushes you forward,

A warm family, who teaches their children to live in love.

"Y/n,"

"Yes ?"

"Do you believe in love?"

Without answering Chan's question, you took out a small paper and pen that you always put in your apron pocket. With a slightly fading smile, you wrote something there.

You gave the paper to him along with the sunflower you'd been holding. Chan was a little confused, but you ignored it. Without waiting for his reaction, you walked ahead leaving Chan who was still reading your message there.

Chan smiled, then looked at your back which was away from him. He could see the invisible wings on your back that were already injured and broken on one side.

That back with the wings, already bearing too many burdens.

"I will do anything to fix your wings, my angel."

-

-

To be continued.