Asteria continued walking until she found an empty field which had a few trees dotted around. That was when she noticed a group of children chasing something.

As she got closer, she recognised the creature as a Niffler. Asteria hurried over, pushing through her aching legs. "Get away! Leave it alone!" She shouted at them, her scratchy voice must of scared the kids as they ran off as fast as they could.

Asteria slowly bent down be ogre picking the small creature up. "Are you alright?" She asked the black furred animal.

She chuckled slightly as the Niffler climbed down her arms and into the large pockets of the coat. The creature then popped out of the pocket with a gold coins in its mouth.

"Hey! Give that back! It's not mine!" She ordered as she held out her hand for the creature to put the coin into. "Hand it over." She ordered.

But the Niffler didn't hand it over. Asteria let out a loud sigh. "Just keep it." She said as she placed the creature back down on the grass.

She watched as the animal ran into the bushes before turning around and walking back to the Potter Manor. She hadn't walked far so it didn't take long to get back.

She pushed the front door open which caught the attention of James in the kitchen. "Welcome back." He said with a smile as he helped her get the coat off.

The coat pulled up the sleeves of her shirt slightly, showing the small bruises littered across her skin. "When did these show up?" He asked as he carefully inspected them. She shrugged. "Just a fun little side effect of the curse." She said sarcastically which made James sigh as she sat down at the couch.

But when she sat down, she became lightheaded and she felt her forehead heat up. It appeared that the room was spinning slightly. So she got up for a glass of water.

Asteria pushed herself up, using the arms of the couch to help her, but when she took a step away, she fell to the floor with a thud.

James hurried back in from the kitchen to see her laying on the floor. He dropped to the floor to see she had fainted again. "Mum! Mum!" He shouted frantically.

Euphemia hurried down the staircase, her hand sliding down the banister. "What happened?" She asked when she saw the fainted girl. "I don't know. She just fainted." He explained.

"She was fine before her walk." He added. Euphemia turned to look at her son. "She went out for a walk? Alone?" She asked with wide eyes. Sensing he made a mistake, he nodded slowly.

"James, she needs to be resting. Those horrible parents of hers could be looking for her." She explained to him in a calm yet firm tone. "But that didn't happen for Sirius." He replied.

"Because to them, they aren't children. To them, they had a backup." She told him, referring to Regulus.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria had spent the rest of the day resting, occasionally waking up for a drink. However, she wouldn't get up from the couch until the next morning.

Her eyes opened slowly as she heard the birds singing outside. She placed her hands on her stomach when it let out a loud rumble.

She felt a lot stronger then before and she was able to get up herself this time. Although her legs still ached, she was able to make it to the kitchen of the house.

Asteria decided to make one the only things she could make, a pumpkin pie. She scanned the wooden cupboards of the kitchen until she found all of the ingredients needed.

The sound of her baking woke up James as he soon walked down to the kitchen. She was facing away from him so he walked up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his head on her shoulder.

"You really should be resting." He whispered, his voice deep and raspy as he had just woken up. "I will. But after I eat." She replied which made him chuckle slightly.

James then sat down at the circular wooden table, watching her as she made the pumpkin pie.

The delicious smell filled up the manor which was noticed by Euphemia. "Smells good. What are you making?" She asked as she walked into the kitchen. "Pumpkin pie. It's my mother's recipe." Asteria told her.

Asteria then put on the oven mitts before pulling the pumpkin pie out of the oven. Carefully, she placed it on a cooling rack.

Euphemia pushed up her glasses before flicking her wand to cool it down instantly. The resemblance between James and her was strong and she greeted Asteria with the same smile James had.

Euphemia had the same dark hair which she kept in a low bun, like her mother always did. She also had the same kind eyes as her.

Asteria then cut three slices which she put onto beautifully crafted plates decorated with flowers on the edge. "It smells delicious. You know, I've been told I make the best chocolate chip cookies." Euphemia told her.

"They're amazing. James had made me some." Asteria replied with a nod. "He probably messed up the recipe. Let me make you some."

"Hey!" James exclaimed, his mouth filled with pumpkin pie which made the other two chuckle slightly.