Moreover, the wound caused by Kiyoomi's words after my confession was still very deep. His apology and his confession had unfortunately helped only less.

Just the thought of the boy I liked so much and who seemed so far away - literally - made me quite sad.

Swallowing down the lump in my throat, I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I missed the boys and I felt bad not having written to them for so long. Even though I had enough reasons to do so.

Besides the short messages in the group chat, in which most of the guys wished me good luck for my exams, Atsumu and Meian had contacted me again and again. But because of studying, I had only been able to give both of them curt answers. Especially the blond setter I had missed very much. In the weeks before, he had never left my side and despite having Sonoko here, something was missing. Moreover, he had contacted me, but if I let it pass now with a free head review, it was quite rare by his standards. Surely Meian had called him back.

I wondered if the trouble-attracting trio had managed to screw something up in my absence. The thought of them getting trouble from Meian for a change, I couldn't help but smile.

My thumb hovered on the small phone icon next to Atsumu's name, however, I stopped myself in time as a thought flashed through my mind. I was overcome with a guilty conscience because the team was completely unaware that today was my last exam. They were under the assumption that I would not take my last exam for a few days. I had arranged this so that I could stay in Tokyo for another week, in order to make my decision - whether to stay in the team or not - in peace.

I felt bad about lying. I don't lie often - especially about little things like that. The coach would certainly have given me a few more days off, since I had done preliminary work anyway and it was in his interest that I think long and hard about his offer. It's funny to think that I would be above the coach as soon as I took the job as a full manager, but now had to ask for more days off.

However, the guys didn't know anything about my upcoming decision yet. They probably didn't even think about the possibility that I might, or would, decide against them. What I would never have done under normal circumstances, however, things happened and now I had to bear the consequence. If I had told the boys that I would stay in Tokyo for another week, only questions would have arisen that I could not yet answer.

My guilty conscience as well as my thoughts were pushed aside when I heard a loud call right behind me. It was the voice of the boy who had told his friend to wait for him. But what drew my attention was not his loud yell or the fact that he was now standing next to me, but the fact that he was actually calling out for my name.

Searchingly, the tall boy beside me continued to look around. "Bokuto?!"

Confused, I looked at him as he continued to glance around. Didn't he see me? He was tall, but he wasn't that tall to miss me.

As he was about to continue walking, I stopped him with a clearing of my throat.

Surprised, he turned to me before his eyes fell on me. Smiling sheepishly, he scratched the back of his head. "Oh, I'm sorry. Am I too loud?"

His golden eyes scrutinized me apologetically. He was very tall. As tall as some of our team members. His black hair stood out a bit in the back, while the front part in his face was combed a bit more neatly to the side. Still, it looked kind of messy. He was wearing a white dress shirt and tight-fitting suit pants, with matching shoes. He probably had a meeting before the exam.

His question, however, threw me for a loop. Hadn't he called out for me?

Confused, I tilted my head. "You called for me?"