Eugene didn’t understand. If the wanderers knew how to escape Lark, that was a huge trick. Isn’t it something worth risking one’s life for?

It was a reality that all the wealthy nobles of the kingdom went to the Holy City during the active season to escape the monsters. But here was a community of people who had done so for years…why did no one ever try to find out their secret to surviving?

The closed nature of the wandering tribe was no excuse for them to remain ignorant. If negotiations were not available, there is a means of blackmail, afterall their knowledge seems valuable.

It was unthinkable to her that they did not try their best to find out their secret. The nobles will not hesitate to sacrifice the powerless people without nationality for the sake of their comfort after all, they could even resort to pawns.

“Dispose of him in principle.” Eugene recalled what Kasser had said to the warrior a while ago.

“What kind of punishment will he face?” Eugene asked Sven referring to the wanderer the warrior captured earlier.

“He will be executed.” Sven answered.

Eugene’s eyes opened in surprise and asked, “Execution? What kind of execution? You mean to kill him?”

“Yes, my queen.”

“Isn’t it too much punishment? He didn’t really hurt anyone.” Eugene commented.

“As soon as they are discovered, the wanderers are captured and sent to the Holy City. However, if there are circumstances such as that the distance to the Holy City was too long, they are subjected to execution at once. It would be too burdensome for us to accommodate them on our journey.” Sven informed her.

Eugene found herself speechless. She thought he was punishing him because he was a suspicious spy. But the fact that being a wanderer was a sin, it seemed unreasonable to her. They should instead befriend wanderers and ask their secrets to survival.

“To send to the Holy City… Is it the Holiness Sang-je who decided what to do with the wandering tribes?” Eugen wondered.

“Yes. His Holiness said that the wandering people are the evil that disturbs the order of the world. He said that their existence will one day bring a gloomy future to this world, so edification was absolutely necessary.” Sven replied.

“Edification?”

Eugene wondered if any of the wandering tribes sent to the Holy City survived. If they couldn’t bring them, would Sang-je, who ordered them to kill, really saved them?

This was reminiscent of the witch hunt that existed in the dark history of the world where Eugene lived.

“I do not get it.” Eugene could not help but voice out her thoughts.

Mara’s servants were simply expelled, so why was Sang-je, who showed generosity, so harsh to the wandering tribes? Compared to the followers of Mara, who deceives the people for the expansion of their church, the wandering tribes only quietly lived as fugitives. What caused this prejudice then?

“How can you tell who are the people part of the wandering tribe?” Eugene asked.

“They have peculiar physical characteristics. They tattoo their whole body with strange patterns and drawings.” Sven informed her.