𝟏𝟒✧ 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐁𝐘𝐄𝐒.

Start from the beginning

Oh damn. His morning voice sounded so good. Carmen thought, biting her lip as she tried not to stare too hard. She quickly looked away before Shmi caught her, taking a sip of the blue milk.

Surprisingly, Anakin had heard her thoughts. He usually tried not to invade her privacy, but for some reason, it had slipped through. He smirked and took a sip from his own cup. My morning voice sounds good? I'll keep that in mind.

Carmen jumped in her seat, surprise written on her face. The others all turned to look at her to see her cheeks tented red, "I am so sorry!" You're so dead.

Shmi noticed her son and the blonde beside him were sharing smiles with each other. The older woman loved their little relationship they had going on. Even if they couldn't be together, she prayed to the stars that they could somehow find a way.

But, the sweet moment of everyone enjoying themselves was cut short, due to C-3PO rushing into the room. "Master Ani! There is a droid outside saying he is carrying a message from an Obi-Wan Kenobi. Does that name mean anything to you?"

Anakin rushes out of his seat and Carmen quickly stands up and grabs his hand, "Wait. We should say goodbye to your mother."

The Jedi nods, "You're right." He turns towards his only parent, pulling the shorter woman into a hug. He takes in her scent one last time so he can keep it with him. "I'm so sorry our visit has to be cut short, mom."

Shmi pulls away and smiled softly up at him, "Oh hush, my son. Your Jedi duties call, I know they are important. We'll see each other again, do not worry."

Anakin kisses the top of her head before stepping out of the way so Carmen could have her time. He knew how much his mother meant to the blonde and he loved that she already considered her as a mother figure.

"I'm gonna miss you, Shmi." Carmen sighed, hugging the older woman as tight as she could. She wasn't ready to say goodbye yet.

"I know, hun. But, you will come back to visit, and when you do, you better still be with my son. I might actually cry if you two don't make it." Shmi pulled away as she laughed, the blonde joining in.

Carmen shook her head, "Trust me, I don't plan on going anywhere."

Padmé and Ragwynd stand up after the other two say their goodbyes, "We would like to go too. I can't stay here and we have no where else to go." The man spoke up, looking at the two force users.

"Well, we're going to need all the help we can get." Carmen knew what was coming next. "I need to get my bags, I'll be back in a second."

Anakin watched as she left and decides to follow her, wanting to help in any way that he could. He walks in to see her packing her toothbrush away, "So, I'm assuming Obi-Wan is in trouble? You said we're going to need all the help we can get."

Carmen sighed as she turned to face him. She could see the curiousness in his blue eyes, "I didn't want to say anything, but yes, he is. And I'm terrified. Like I said before, it's a battle. I haven't had any training with the lightsaber at all. I'm not going to be much help."

Anakin grabs her face in his hands, rubbing her cheeks as they look into each other's eyes, "You're going to be fine. I'll make sure no one gets close to you. And if they do, just swing it. Or you could always use a blaster." He shuddered in disgust at the last word.

"Maybe. I'll just have both on me just in case." Carmen smiled up at him. Oh shit. She just remembered what happens to Anakin. Shit. She quickly pulls away and zips up the bag, hoping he hadn't heard her thoughts.

"I heard what you said. What happens to me?" The Jedi noticed that he hadn't gotten angry or impatient with her before, but he was starting to feel it right now. Why couldn't she just tell him the whole thing? He understood she didn't want to change everything, but maybe if she does tell him, he'd be prepared.

Carmen bit her lip and turned towards him again, "In the battle, a sith does something with your hand. I can't say too much besides that, but you have to be careful."

"I'll try my best." Anakin ignored his bad feelings and decided to trust her judgement. "I think it's time to get going. We shouldn't keep Obi-Wan waiting any longer." But before she could grab her bag, he picks it up himself.

Carmen nodded, "Alright. I'll just follow you out."

Saying goodbye to the Lars family was hard for everyone. Mainly, Anakin and Carmen, though. But, they knew they'd see her again someday, they just hoped it wouldn't be another ten years.

The four were currently on the ship, listening to Obi-Wan's message. "Anakin, my long range transmitter has been knocked out. Retransmit this message to Coruscant."

Padmé turns in the seat and reaches over the control board, pushing a button to transmit the message.

"I have tracked the bounty hunter Jango Fett
to the droid foundries on Geonosis. The Trade Federation is to take taking delivery of a droid army here and it is clear that Viceroy Gunray is behind the assassination attempts on Senator Amidala. The Commerce Guilds and Corporate Alliance have both pledged their armies to Count Dooku and are forming an... wait! Wait..."

They all watch as Obi-Wan is attacked by Droidekas. The hologram is suddenly cut off and Anakin jumps in agitation.

Mace Windu is next up on the hologram, "Anakin, We will deal with Count Dooku. The most important thing for you is to stay where you are. Protect the Senator at all costs. That is your first priority."

"Understood, Master." Anakin nods, turning it off.

Padmé is looking at the readout on the ship's control panel. "They'll never get there in time to save him. They have to come halfway across the galaxy. Look, Geonosis is less than a parsec away."

Anakin opens his mouth to say something, but, Carmen cuts him off, "We're going. I already know what you're thinking. Who cares what Windu says anyways."

The Jedi smirks and takes the controls. Padmé moves to the seats behind the main two and straps herself in, Ragwynd following beside her. Carmen takes her seat beside her boy and tries to calm the growing nerves as the ship takes off into the sky.

Anakin feels the nerves rolling off of her and he turns in the direction she sat in, "You're going to be fine."

She hoped so.

( AUTHORS NOTE : ) carmen's outfit for this chapter and the battle is the one in the gif! hope you enjoyed! <3