"Why would she do this to me?" She sounded upset, like there were tears in her eyes waiting to drop at any second. "I don't know, but I'm going to find out. And I promise, I won't stop until I expose what she's up to." Emma was sincere in her words, bringing out more questions in Mary Margaret. "And how are you going to do that? This is her town." If she was going to go through with this plan, she was going to have to have a very detailed walkthrough of what she was going to do.

"I'm working on it. I have faith in you. And now, I need you to have faith in me. Can you do that?" She asked, looking her roommate right in the eyes. "Of course." She nodded, feeling the guilt of what she had considered before weighing on her mind. Emma got up, moving her chair back to it's designated place before she walked out. It was such a shame Emma believed her half lie. She pulled out a key, a skeleton gracing it's head from underneath her pillow.

Oh how it was a shame indeed.

——————

Michael's POV:

It was just a little later than 8 at night, the Sheriff already going through the motions of finishing her last bits of paperwork when she had let me in. I rolled inside the jail section of the Sheriff's office, using extra strength to get over the little ledge of the doorframe. It hadn't been too long since we got released from rehab, but I heard Mary Margaret is in jail and I just had to come visit. Maybe I would poke a little fun, it would be way less of what she had done to Peter, and it would piss her off so gracefully. "Hello Mary." I said, rolling over so I was right in front of her jail cell. "How lovely it is to see you."

The look on her face was absolutely amazing. A mix between a bewildered, slightly scared and shocked look, she spoke. "What are you doing here?" She asked, her tone astonished as if she couldn't fathom why I would show up. She seemed jumpy, as if she was hiding something. "Well, I just got out of rehabilitation, thought I'd come and see you. I do have to say, quite a big amount of trouble you've gotten yourself into. I mean, being accused of murder is such a big deal around here."

She rolled her eyes, obvious disdain shining clearly. "So you've come here to rub it in my face, to make me feel ashamed." Though she was correct in her assumption, it saddened me that this is what our relationship had come to. Way back when we were small, we used to be so close; what a pity this is how our lives together turned out to be. I wouldn't let my thoughts interrupt my plan though, it was way too late to mend our friendship.

"Well, I originally came to offer some support, but after seeing the incredulous look on your face at the thought of me showing up I just had to poke a bit of fun." There was a nonchalant look on my face as I spoke, it would make Mary Margaret even more mad if she thought I gave no thought to her being in jail a big deal. Even when we were kids she always exaggerated any struggle she had faced, completely forgetting that others had way harder lives than her. "Go home to your husband, Michael. You're not even my cousin."

Her remark seemed sour, as if she had put no thought into it. I was surprised, she had much greater insults for me at the DID is Dangerous riot she headed a few years ago. "No I'm not. Peter is your cousin and I just so happen to share a body with him. You know, he's been feeling so guilty that he hasn't come to visit you, to offer some comfort in your trying time of need." My words were said mockingly, she had the best lawyer in town taking on her case, she wasn't in any kind of trouble.

"But how could he?" I started, leaning to rest my hands on top of my thighs. "Between us almost dying in a mine shaft, surgery to get our foot amputated, and seeing a prosthetist and going to rehab to learn how to walk again we've barely got the time to brush our teeth in the morning." I rolled the chair even closer to the cell, so close that Mary Margaret started to slowly back away from the cell door.