Sivaangi: Illa.. not in the mood for coffee.

(No.. Not in the mood for coffee)

Ani: What are you in the mood for?

Ani's phone started to buzz before she could answer, and he picked it up without a thought.

"Am leaving now."

"Will be there."

"Yaa.. Sivu inga dan iruka."  

(Yes Sivu is here)

"I will come pick you up."

"Pa... na varen. Ava venam"

(Pa.. Let me come. She does not have to)

Ani: Appa dan Sivu... airport reach pantanga. I will go pick them up.

(It's your dad. They have reached the airport. I will go pick them up)

Sivu: Enaku call panla.. unaku call panranga. Pathukren.

(They call you and not me. Unblieveable)

Ani: Idu usual dane... na dan eppodum pick panven. So, she called me. Idukulam sanda podaadha.

(This is usual. I always pick them up so they call me. Don't argue about this with your parents)

Ashwin felt a strange pain rush into his heart when he heard the mention of Sivaangi's parents. He remembered her dad's words which were still fresh in his memory. All of the tragic turn of events that followed her dad's meet with him three years ago were still affecting not just him but her as well.

He could only imagine what their lives would have looked like if only her dad hadn't met him. As much as he was at fault for letting her go based on his assumption that her feelings for him were temporary, he also knew at heart that her dad was at fault too who assumed that she was too young to make her own decisions.

The war and rage in his mind had to halt when Ani started talking to him.

Ani: Ashwin so sorry. Ungalta seriya pesa mudila. Thanks for staying over for coffee. I have to leave now.

(Ashwin so sorry. Couldn't talk to you much. Thanks for staying over for coffee. I have to leave now)

Ashwin: No issues at all. Next time.

Ani: Sivu lock after Ashwin leaves. It might be a while before am back.

Sivaangi: Ani am not a baby. Nee po. Na pathukren.

(Ani am not a baby. I will be fine.)

Ani: Enaku nee baby dan.

(You are a baby to me)

Ani left leaving the two alone after an extremely overwhelming hour. Both Sivaangi and Ashwin settled back into the couch next to each other.

Ashwin placed his hands on hers and she responded back by entangling her fingers with his. The tightness in her hold conveyed all her insecurities and fear of losing him yet again. Her simplest and subtle gestures that came straight from her heart were much more meaningful and soothing than anything else.

Just like rainbow after a stormy rain, her hands on his after one hell of a day made him believe in magic. Her magic. Their magic.

Ashwin: Ma... You ok?

Sivaangi: Yaa na ok. Neenga?

(Yaa am ok. You?)

Ashwin: Ok aiduven.

(I will be ok)

Sivaangi: Neenga enna feel panna vecha madri yaarum enna feel panna vachadhu illa.

(No one has ever made me feel the way you did)

Her sudden revelation startled him. She wiped off any possible insecurities he had about them in an instant.

Did he deserve this reassurance from her? Was he even capable of being as selfless as she is with him?

A shy smile on his face after the draining episode made her heart palpitate. The smile that she falls for every single time. The smile that she missed seeing three long years.

Sivaangi: Indha smile ah na rombha miss pannen

(I missed this smile so much)

Ashwin: Indha smile undhu ma. Nee irunda matum dan irukum.

(This smile is yours. I smile this way only around you)

Ashwin was always a poet with his words. Just the right ones put in the most aesthetic way to add beauty to the meaning. The intellectual in him was far sexier and more seductive than his outward self.

The two souls were transfixed making their bodies lean onto each other to close the gap between them.

His breath on her lips was making her dizzy and her tempting lips were challenging his restrain. He cursed himself for thinking of all the things he wanted to do to those soft lips of hers but that did not stop his mind from wandering into dangerous places.

Desires and destiny. Why does it always have to be so tormenting?

Sivaangi: Pechu ku onum korachale illa

(You just say stuff)

She said distracting herself from their dangerous and hypnotizing closeness.

Ashwin: Seekrame elam seyal la katren.

(You will see it in action very soon)

His base husky voice sent chills down her spine. Their hands still intertwined, he felt her shiver in the most alluring sense. He felt proud to have that effect on her. The way her body reacted to him and his proximity made him high.

The true reflection of all her feelings were radiating through the shine and sparkle on her eyes.

Ashwin: Enna sathame kaanum?

(Why so quiet?)

He smirked knowing that she was at a loss for words.

Sivaangi: Kanaala pesna satham varaadu.

(When eyes talk, there is nothing but silence)

Her effect on him wasn't any less potent. He gulped seeing her intense eyes burning with passion and glazed with love. He placed his free hand on her neck and pulled her closer. He leaned in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

PS: To all those who asked if I am an Ani fan, ofcourse I am ❤️But Ashaangi over Ani 😉