38 - What A Bad Boy

Start from the beginning

"Should I not be?" Loki asked. "I think that dress deserves admiring."

I gave him a twirl. "How do I look?"

He gave me a wink. "Glorious."

I giggled and grabbed his hand. "Let's get a drink."

"I already have one."

"Yes, but I don't." I dragged him over to the bar and ordered some shots.

The bartender lined them up. As Loki was about to take one I smacked his hand away.

"You already have a drink." I told him, downing the first shot. "These are for me." I took the next.

"All of them?"

"Of course." I took the next one. "It takes a lot to get me drunk." I downed another. Two more to go.

"Want to try a drink that might help?" He asked.

I took the last two and wiped my mouth on the back of my hand. It wasn't very ladylike, but I didn't really care. "Oh yeah?"

Loki produced a flask. "This is century aged Asgardian Ale."

"Where did you get that?" I asked, taking it from him and checking it over.

"Thor's pocket. He really shouldn't be having it out like that if he doesn't want it to get stolen."

I raised an eyebrow. "What a bad boy."

"Oh, I know."

I took a sip. It was warming is as it went down, but burnt like fire in my mouth. I looked at Loki, trying not to open my mouth and pant like a dog, though he could probably read my facial expressions like a picture book. "What's it made out of?" I coughed out as I passed it back.

"Do I look like I know?" He asked me.

"Ugh, Thor would know."

"Thor would know." He mimicked.

"Shut up." I tried to swallow again, my entire mouth burning, eyes watering.

"What's your judgement?" Loki asked, sipping from the flask.

"It's good." I nodded a little bit too emphatically. "But a bit...painful?"

"Like all pleasurable things should be." He grinned.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh shut up." I repeated.

"You don't really want me to shut up do you." He smirked.

"Shut up!" But by now I was grinning.

"Do you want to dance?" Loki gestured over to the dance floor.

I looked. "But... it's a slow dance?"

"Come on." He said, gently taking my hand and pulling me behind him.

"L-Loki-" I stammered as he spun me around into the middle of the dancing couples. "This is crazy!" I whispered.

"Is it?" He look my hands in his and placed them around his neck. "I know it's a far cry from tavern drinking songs, but I assure you it's not all as bad as it looks." He put his hands on my waist and we turned slowly.

"I miss taverns." I murmured.

"And the brawls."

I cackled quietly. "They were the best bit."

"I still remember you tripping that man up and then pretending you were blind." He shook his head. I still wasn't nearly as tall as him, even in my six inch heels, but it certainly did something for the height difference. "Roara, you do actually need to dance."

"I'm a terrible dancer."

"I already knew that. You've got to sway, like this." He guided me through the rhythm of the song, his hands pushing my waists very slightly to and fro. "You're nearly getting it."

"You're an ass."

I sighed and rested my forehead on his chest.

"Are you alright Roara?" He whispered.

"I keep having nightmares. About...what happened." I finally revealed after a moment of silence. "I'm waking up in the night and," I tutted to myself, "it's embarrassing I don't know if I want to talk about it."

"You know you can tell me anything, don't you? What is it?"

"I really don't-"

"Roara."

I was glad not to be looking at him when I spoke. "Two nights ago I wet the bed."

I heard him sigh sympathetically. Or maybe it was pity? I could never tell with this man.

"It's somewhat humiliating, I'd be glad if you didn't tell the others." I muttered.

"I wouldn't dream of it." He replied.

"I'm 421 years old, and it's like I'm a child again. Only I don't have anyone to go to when it happens. Nobody to hold me and tell me it's okay."

With one finger under my chin, he raised my face to look at him. "You can always come to me. Always. I'll be there to hold you and tell you it's okay."

"Even if I shit my pants from laughing too hard?" I joked.

"Even if you shit your pants from laughing too hard." He smiled. I rested my cheek back onto his chest. "I was so angry when I saw that video you know. I thought I might tear down New York."

"Can we not talk about it? Please. I just want to dance. Very badly, but still."

"Of course darling. You do dance very badly." He took a hand off my waist and placed it on the back of my head, fingers combing through my hair.

Darling? Did he just... call me... DARLING?! I didn't know if I wanted to squeal in excitement or run very far away and never come back. As we turned I saw Alina. She caught my eye and winked at me, and then turned back to her conversation with Maria. Wow. Wanda had been right. Was she... did she just tuck a piece of Maria's hair behind her ear?

"Did I just hear Alina Stark giggle?" Loki asked me. I looked up to see him frown.

"You did indeed."

"Is she drunk?" He asked, putting his hand onto the small of my back. I could feel myself trying not to shiver from his touch. It was so slow, so calm, so experienced.

I laughed. "No. I think she's just relaxed. Happy."

"Are you happy?"

I had to think for a moment. "I think so. It's hard to tell with everything that's been going on what I'm feeling anymore."

"Well we'd better change that." He smiled that slow sly grin.

"Oh Laufeyson you better not-" Suddenly he twirled me around, nearly bumping me into Pepper and Tony. "Sorry!" I laughed, spinning back into Loki's arms.

"Happier?" He asked.

I nodded. "Definitely more embarrassed about my footwork anyway. I'd like another drink." I pulled away from him and took his hand. "Want to come?"