Chapter 17__A Bird in a Gilded Cage

Start from the beginning

"I know, and I'm sorry," Stefan told me.

"Not sorry enough," I told him, turning to face Kai, rushing toward him, gripping his throat, pinning him against the wall, transforming. "Now take the spell away!" 

"Okay!" Kai told me. "Just call Caroline, tell her to let Jo go." 

"Take the spell away first, and then we'll talk," I told him. Kai didn't answer. I let him go, backing away. "This isn't a negotiation, Kai. You take the spell away, Jo and her baby lives. You don't, you all die." 

Kai sighed, walking toward me, putting his hands on my head, saying the same chant that he did to put the hex on. "Phesmatos navaro pulsus sanguinox. Phesmatos navaro pulsus sanguinox. Phesmatos navaro pulsus sanguinox." The pain was like before, unbearable, making me scream. The first memory we saw was Caroline and Jo at the hospital, with Caroline keeping her hostage and isolated, proving that I wasn't lying. Then I saw me feeding on the couple that I had mentioned earlier, feeding so hard because of the hex that I ripped their heads off and let their bodies fall to the ground carelessly. Every single memory that had been branded into my head was replaying itself, only in reverse as he took the spell away. Every. Single. One. "Phesmatos navaro pulsus sanguinox. Phesmatos navaro pulsus sanguinox. Phesmatos navaro pulsus sanguinox."

I finally felt the weight come off, like it was done.

I gasped in pain and relief, looking up at Kai, smirking. "There. You did your part. You saw your sister with Caroline. I'm done with you. Go save her." 

Kai didn't need to be told twice, walking out of the house, closing the door behind him.

I breathed heavily, smirking, turning to face Stefan. 

"Even without your humanity, you're still honorable?" Stefan asked.

"I guess you can call it a family trait," I told him. "Speaking of family, where is Damon? I was hoping we could have a little family meeting. By the way, where do we keep our weapsons?" 

"Pardon?" Stefan asked.

"Crossbows, vervain grenades, all that Hunter crap Jeremy was into that I almost got into because of you and Damon?" I asked. Stefan shook his head. "Ah. Yes. The throne." I walked toward the cupboard throne, opening it to reveal all the weapons. Stefan rushed toward me, trying to stab me with a vervain syringe. I caught his wrist. "You didn't really think that would work, did you?" I laughed, breaking Stefan's arm, making him groan in pain, taking the syringe from him, injecting it into his neck. "Like I said, I want to have a little family meeting. But it looks like Damon's not gonna make it." 

Stefan fell unconscious.

I smirked, gathering the weapons into a bag, rushing outside to stand in front of Kai.

"What?" Kai asked. "Nicola, you said that I could go." 

"Yeah, I did, but I'm not gonna hurt you, because I need something from you," I told him. 

"What else could you possibly want?" Kai asked. "I took the spell away." 

"Right," I said. "And now, I want you to do a boundary spell for me, and then I'll tell Caroline to let Jo go without a scratch. Okay?" 

Kai looked at me in confusion.

I smirked.

~~~~~~

We were at Whitmore College, in the dorm building, when Stefan woke up. 

Stefan woke up, looking around in confusion. "What am I doing here?"