Chapter 4 Memories

Taiga follows Seijuro to a table which was guarded. They bowed to Seijuro, Reo, and Shintaro before stepping away revealing their food. Seijuro sat down on one side while Reo and Shintaro sat on the other.

"Taiga you'll be sitting next to me." Seijuro says.

Taiga nods. 'This is weird.' He sits next to Seijuro while Atsushi sat next to Shinataro.

"Shi-nee-chin snacks." Atsushi leans on him.

"You need to eat your food first. Go on. Then you can have more snacks." He rubs his head soothingly.

"Feed me." Atsushi says.

"Atsushi you know how to feed yourself. I'll feed you at home okay. Eat like a big boy today." Shintaro says as he eats his food.

"Fine." Atsushi starts to eat but he still leaned on Shintaro who would pet his head.

Taiga watched them. 'I never understood that. I remember in middle school they'd do that too. When we all used to eat together in our first year'

Flashback

Taiga was sitting in a long table. On his left was Seijuro and Shuzo. On his right was Tetsuya and Daiki. In front of him was Chihiro, Reo, Atsushi, Shintaro, Shogo, and Ryota. Taiga was eating as they talked away. Atsushi leaned on Shintaro who pats his head.

"Shi-nee-chin feed me." Atsushi whined.

"Atsushi you know how to feed yourself. I'll feed you at home okay. Eat like a big boy today." Shintaro said as he ate his food.

"Fine." Atsushi pouted as he started to eat his food while he leaned on Shintaro who petted his head.

"Hey I've been wondering, why do you do that?" Shogo asked.

Everyone stopped talking and looked at them.

"Yeah, I've been wondering that too." Daiki said looking at them.

"Ah you don't have to tell us if you don't want to." Tetsuya said as he drank his milkshake.

"Well our mom used to do this for him." Shintaro said.

Atsushi ate his food. "Mom."

"Ah Sorry." Shogo said quickly.

"No it's fine." Reo chuckled. "It helps him."

"He likes it so it can't be helped." Shintaro said.

Reo chuckles. "He'll out grow it soon."

"How are you guys doing?" Seijuro asked.

"Better." Reo smiled. "We settled everything."

"How have you been sleeping Atsushi?" Taiga asked.

"Okay." Atsushi munched on his food. "Mom wouldn't want us sad."

"That's right so eat up." Shintaro said.

Atsushi nodded and ate.

'He really misses his mom.' Taiga thought. 'He's like this because of what happened. It's good that he's healing.'

Flashback End

'Thought he would outgrow it by now. I guess it's still rough. Don't know how it works though.' Taiga thinks before he starts to eat.

"Taiga." He hears Seijuro call him.

Taiga looks at him. "Yeah?"

"What are you thinking about?" Seijuro studies him.