˗ˏˋ₀₀₄'ˎ˗

Start from the beginning

Whoever the main character’s name is, appeared on the television. He picked the way Megumi mutters every dialogue and line of the songs that came on under his breath, swaying his whole body and nodding along to the rhythm and beat.

Then Toji’s deep voice broke him out of his deep concentration making Megumi jump out of his skin and the poor little boy had a hint of red rose tint on his cheeks, the older Fushiguro asked, ‘Why ya watchin’ this movie, kid? Ain’t this the third time for the day?’. There goes the same glimmer in his little wide-eyed gaze again. Pure admiration. Innocence.

‘Because Virana is so pretty just like (First name). I’m Prince Maveen because I’m going to marry her one day.’ Something along those lines. He’s an old man and a dad, he doesn’t remember anything related to names anymore.

"Oh, I'm aware." You said amused, painfully aware, you are the receiving end of the blunt stick where Megumi continuously requests for the movie to be played repeatedly.

"'Cause of ya." Toji drops the ball. He moves to assist you with some platters of the ingredients which consist of the thinly delicately sliced marbled beef and he quickly moves to place the portable hot plate exactly dead centre on the dining table. He was looking forward to dinner tonight, you are all having a large feast, it is one of the most favourable Japanese dishes called Sukiyaki.

"Me?"

"Virana reminds him of you or somethin'."

“Her name is Tiana.” You correct, "That's… Really sweet of him."

There was a bit of comfortable silence that lingered between you. Toji licks his lower lip and adjusts his stance.

"Speakin' of you. Got ya hair done?" Toji changes the subject watching you disappear back into the kitchen. Like a puppy, he follows suit.

"Yeah, I did." Flattered that he noticed the physical changes.

"Looks real good." Toji nods in approval, tilting his head to take a good look at you from every angle of your new hairstyle, "Ya did it yourself? "

"I did. The salon is a bit too far from here. Started as soon as you left the house, just finished around 5 in the afternoon."

"What d'ya call this style?" He gestures.

"Box braids."

"I know what that is.” Toji says with the underlying tone of sass and 'who wouldn’t?', "I meant, a hair this short."

"Oh, it's a bob cut." Then you asked him teasingly, "Why? Are you interested in styling hair now?"

"If it's better than the Asshole Limited Company I work for. I might quit and open up a little salon, ya can be the first customer." Toji snorts, with the boyish teasing grin that grew upon his lips

"Yeah? What kind of style would suit me?"

Toji thinks for a second carefully inspecting you. If he was being honest, anything, you could go bald for all you care and he will still think that you look incredible.

"Just with your curly hair and some bangs. Maybe some fluffy fro?"

You hum and nod in approval.