Chapter 32 (NSFW)

Start from the beginning

"Little Mo."

"Huh?" He raised his head and came face to face with He Tian who immediately embraced him so tight he felt dizzy. When he let go, he stared at him intently.

"Do you love me?" he asked, eyes wide and full of expectations.

"I do. I love you," he answered, staring back.

"Then we're all set. We don't need to bother about anything else."

"What?"

"Let's go someplace else. Let's get away from all of it," He Tian said with a wide, lively smile, but Mo Guan Shan shook his head.

"No."

"No?" He Tian's smile vanished and his frown was deeper than usual. He wasn't expecting him to reject the idea. He was so sure Mo Guan Shan would immediately think of hiding, going someplace else where nobody knew them.

But he's looking at him with fire in his eyes. It must be the alcohol, but He Tian stopped to listen.

"I don't think I would want to run away this time. He Tian, we're comfortable there. I know I'm being ironic, but I saw how much you loved that place. We can't just leave everything you've worked hard to achieve."

"Little Mo. . . What are you saying? You just told me you're scared."

"I am scared. I'm scared of your family, scared of the big possibility of those people back home discovering my dirty secret, scared of what they'll say and how they would treat us after this storm. I am so fucking scared, but I don't want to go."

He Tian sighed and sat down on the bed.

"Little Mo, if we stay, you will only suffer. I don't want you to revert back to the pathetic state you once were. If we stay, you will witness how everything collapses, you will know how cruel people are behind their smiling faces. And that's the most painful part of all, the disappointment and betrayal you feel after they cast you away. I don't want you to go through that," He Tian explained and he swallowed the lump in his throat, but his eyes were overcome with mist. He didn't tell Mo Guan Shan how terrible the feeling was as he remembered his bloodied body the first time he saw him, or when he wasn't breathing after they were safely back on land after he jumped off to the sea.

He was the most terrified between the two of them, because he saw with his own two eyes how Mo Guan Shan played with Death like they were an intimate set. He can't have him stressed and depressed over matters that they could easily avoid.

It will take a few, not too little sacrifices, but he's prepared to let it all go. He's prepared to cut himself off from his work, if that's what it takes to completely disappear.

"Stupid, stupid, He Tian," Mo Guan Shan smiled, slapping his palms on both of He Tian's cheeks before squeezing his face like he's kneading dough. It hurts enough to draw tears from the guy. "I was all alone back then. Now I'm not. . .so I want to try fighting for my place in your life. And I want to try fighting for our little place up in that mountain."

"You're just brave because you're drunk," He Tian said through his fish lips. "This is a serious matter."

"I know, I know, it is serious. But I know what I'm talking about. Nato made me realize that I have a fighting chance, because I'm lucky," Mo Guan Shan said and He Tian admired how his cheeks went red as he pursed his lips in front of him. He's trying hard not to sound like he's gloating and it's so cute.

"You're not lucky."

"I am. I didn't even die. You found me and you like me. I'm getting better and I'm not friendless. I have a chicken."