Chapter Five: It changes

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes and scolded him again. "This is serious. Phoebe and I were planning to just get married so her families wouldn't fight over her anymore and so she would have more freedom and so I could get ma and grandma off my back about getting a girl and getting married."

Oliver was taken back now. "But when i kissed her the other day? I didn't even think about kissing her before, but now I'm head over teakettle for her."

Oliver nodded slowly. "So get married."

I groaned in annoyance at him. "Phoebe just sees me as her best friend. She doesn't even look at me more then like-like-like like a brother!"

Oliver nodded and looked a little nervous about how stressed I was. "Okay, take a breath. You'll be fine. You'll go over to Europe, find a few girls there and have a good time with them and by the time you get home, your little phase for her will be over. Then you two can completely execute your plan."

I was still freaking out. What the hell was wrong with me? I hadn't liked a girl before but now whenever I was near her, we weren't just best friends... I would stare longer and I would try to hold her hand sometimes. I would tick little pieces of her hair behind her ears and I would think maybe if she would taste like gingersnaps again if I kissed her.

I was seriously in trouble.

"I can't do this if I have a crush on her."

Oliver held my shoulders tightly as he made me look into his wide blue eyes. "You made this whole big fuss over doing it. Moms been crying ever since you told us. What's Phoebe going to do? She'll be stuck with her crazy parents. Both sets!"

He calmed me and we came up with a plan. "When you get to Europe, you just need to sleep around with multiple women. Get over your little crush and it will all be fine when you get back. By then you two can easily just stay away from each other anyways. It's foolproof."

I just felt so sick about that plan.

"Do I tell her?"

Oliver shook his head. "No, and you better go get ready. Everyone's coming for four, right?"

I nodded and knew I needed to shower and take my mind off of Phoebe. "Yeah. I'm gonna head in and shower and change. Do you mind finishing the yard?"

My brothers and the Hoffman brothers finished up the yard quickly as I showered. I tried so hard to take my mind off everything, but I knew Phoebe was about to become my wife in only an hour or so.

All I could think of was that bright smile and emerald eyes. I thought of her freckles that danced across the bridge of her nose and even the few on her wrists. I knew she had one on her temple and another as a beauty mark. She even had three little ones near her collarbone on the right side.

I knew things about Phoebe that no one else did. She didn't like the dark or dogs. She was terrified of dogs ever since one time she hopped a fence while trying to search for her parents years ago. She was nearly attacked by one apparently and was scared of them ever since. When phoebes scared, she hides her fear because otherwise she only gets more afraid. She likes books because she adores a good twist of fate.

I know Phoebe likes to climb trees, but only because she likes to think alone and see the world from a different view, yet she doesn't like heights.

I stared at myself in the steam covered mirror in the bathroom as I wiped the condensation away with my damp hand, leaving a streak.

I stood there with the towel around my waist, just staring at myself in the little mirror above the sink.

How could I be so infatuated so quickly with Phoebe all of the sudden?