Suddenly the sound of Sirius' voice, right next to my ear, yelling "Hey LUNA!", caused me to jump up (nearly falling off the bench in the process) and whip around, drawing my wand as if ready to attack.

     "What?" I asked breathlessly, a bit confused and my ears ringing unpleasantly. A scowl came over my face when I saw Sirius and James overcome with loud laughter and Lily, Ellie and Marlene giggling, but trying to hide it. I turned my head to Remus and saw that he had a faint smile on his face, as though he was trying to remain serious. Shaking my head, I plopped back down onto the bench and stuck my wand back in my pocket, my face flushing as I saw that everyone in the vicinity was either smiling or trying to repress a laugh.

     "Thanks for the wake-up call Sirius." I said sarcastically, yawning again.

     "Hey, what's up Red?" He asked faux-seriously as he wiped away tears of mirth. He had taken to calling me Red when Lily had hexed him for calling her that. "You look like you were run over by a herd of hippogriffs!"

     A quick, imploring, glance in Remus' direction convinced him to answer for me and I put my head back down as he answered for me.

     "She didn't sleep last night."

     "You didn't?" Lily asked, looking suspiciously at me. "You went up to bed really early."

     I just shrugged. I didn't want to argue. Nightmares had woken me up three times during the night and when I woke up the third time at 4:30 in the morning, I knew I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep.

     I had closed my eyes for a moment, so it surprised me when Lily said "Why didn't you tell us you were having nightmares?"

     Sending an angry glare at Remus, who looked innocently up at the ceiling of the Great Hall, I shook my head and put it back down on my arms for the fourth time. "There wasn't any point."

     "I still think you should've told us," Lily said, obviously upset.

     "That's what friends are for!" Ellie added.

     I groaned. This was why I didn't want to tell them. I knew that they, like my brothers, would want to help me somehow, when they obviously couldn't. When I was younger, before I had arrived at Hogwarts, my mom always comforted me, keeping my nightmares away. She would sing and hug me close to her flowery-smelling hair. I bit my lip to keep from crying. Ugh! I just felt so emotional all of a sudden!

     "Maybe you should just go back to bed," Marlene said. "You look exhausted."

     I nodded, too tired to argue.

     "Come on then," I heard Remus say. "Let's get you upstairs before you fall asleep here and we have to carry you up."

     I was going to retort, but as I stood up, I yawned yet again, losing the words. "Fine," I replied simply.

     Remus led me through the doors of the Great Hall and I could vaguely hear him say something to the other Marauders, Lily, Marlene and Ellie, but I wasn't troubled to know what it was.

     We headed up the main staircase and I nearly tripped over my own feet. Remus let out a chuckle as he caught me, helping me up to my feet as I grumbled.

     I was surprised when, instead of going up the remaining staircases, Remus pulled me down a corridor on the third floor. "What's up?" I asked, peering around through foggy eyes as I tried to figure out where we were.

     "You're going to the Hospital Wing."

     "Aw! Come on!" I groaned, taking a step back. "Seriously? I'm perfectly fine, just tired!"

     Remus sent me a 'yeah, right.' expression, grabbed my arm, and pulled me the rest of the way down the hall.

     "You're going to the Hospital Wing because it's quiet there so no one will disturb you, because Madam Pomfery can give you some Dreamless Sleep potion, and because it doesn't look like you'll make it to the seventh floor in the first place."

     I cursed him under my breath, but agreed with his reasoning in my head. It was true that the dormitories could be loud, especially on the weekends, and Dreamless Sleep potion would take care of the nightmares. At least for a small amount of time.

     We entered the quiet ward and Remus went to get the nurse, leaving me on a bed near the wall farthest from the door. Madam Pomfery came over a minute later and scanned her eyes up and down my body, 'tsk'ing and clucking her tongue. She shook her head as she left my field of view, then she came back and helped me lay back on the soft white bed.

     "Easy there," she said gently, smiling gently when she saw I was struggling to keep my eyes open. "Here's some Dreamless Sleep for you; drink up then."

     She gave me a dark purple potion that tasted sort of like oranges, and I was asleep in seconds.

Chapter End!

A/N:

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Americans out there! And Happy November 22, to all you other readers! :D Since I [obviously] have no school, I cranked this out while at my grandma's house, listening to Pandora and rocking it out! Hope you like it, because I kind of do, but I don't think it's my best. :P

Please tell me what you think of it and if there's any ways I could make this chapter (or the story in general) better! I'm always open to constructive criticism! Thank you all for reading‼!

Wow. I posted this on Thanksgiving Day on fanfiction.net and entirely didn't realize that it wasn't on Wattpad already... :( So sorry for not posting! Hope you aren't too angry with me! ;)

Tell me how it was, and thanks as always for reading!!! :D

~Megan