23| 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑲𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔

Start from the beginning

"I know, I know. And that's why she's going to need you kids to be there for her and stay strong for her and for yourself. It's not...her dark side. It's the darkness that's manipulating her mind. We're working on fixing this, don't worry. Just stay away for now, we don't know what the darkness might make her do again," Kaitlyn warns her and when she nods, Kaitlyn smiles before walking out of the school and towards the Mikaelson mansion.

༆☼︎☾︎ꨄ︎☽︎☼︎༆
Upon reaching the Mikaelson mansion, she is greeted to a hug by Rebekah, followed by Elena, Marcel, Hope and lastly, Lizzie.

"What happened?" she asks as her, Hope and Lizzie settle down in Hope's room upstairs.

"Please don't be mad," Hope pleads before answering and Kaitlyn raises her brow at them.

"What did you two do?" she asks them skeptically.

"We...we went to see Josie," Hope answers and Kaitlyn's face overtakes a furious look, "we know you asked us not to but we just wanted to see if it was our Josie or not," Hope tries to explain.

"You kids will be the death of me. When I ask you to not do something, do not do it! Specially if it's endangering your life!" Kaitlyn reprimands them.

"We're sorry," Lizzie whispers in between tears.

"What did she do to you two?" Kaitlyn then asks.

"She...she snapped my neck," Hope says sheepishly and Kaitlyn gasps.

"She...what?"

"It's okay, I'm alright. She was mad at me and Lizzie because apparently ever since I came around, Lizzie and I have become closer and she felt alone. I tried to explain myself and she got mad so she snapped my neck," Hope explains.

"I told her this wasn't like her but she said- that it was now and that we should get used to it because 'this look is here to stay', she said and snapped her fingers and like...magically transformed her outlook completely," Lizzie elaborates.

"And then she and I had a conversation, if that's what you want to call it

"And then she and I had a conversation, if that's what you want to call it. She told me how ever since we were kids, she's always felt second best because you and dad always prioritized me and my emotions. She felt like she had to be the more controlled twin and started to hide away her emotions so they wouldn't take your attention off of me. Then you also had Ryan to care for after a while and she said she started to feel like a last priority. She hid all her sadness, anger, frustration and tried to never lose control because that was...my thing. And now the darkness is feeding on those heightened built-up emotions, making her stronger, angrier. Just worse, in general. And I mean, if all that is true, it was because of me that she has suffered these past 16 years and never got proper love or attention from you or dad. It's all my fault," Lizzie cries.

"You really think that? That we picked favorites and only paid attention to you?" Kaitlyn asks and Lizzie looks at her confused as to why she was asking that, "Liz, all these years, every time I had to stay up with you, Alaric spent every one of those hours with Josie. Whenever you asked for your dad, I was there with Josie. Besides the sudden breakdowns, we always had you and her together. Us five, a family together, always. This isn't Josie, this is the dark magic trying to get into your head and I think it's succeeding. All your lives are equally important to me. Ryan, you or her, all the same to me. Even Hope now. I don't have a favorite or a first priority among you kids because it's all of you kids that are my first priorities.