˗ˏˋ₀₀₂'ˎ˗

Start from the beginning

At your old apartment, the neighbour's whom you have a mutual hatred, saw a glimpse of Toji in his office clothes, when he lent you a hand while moving out your things during the weekends. You couldn't the moment her attitude turned 180, with her being all buddy-buddy, suddenly acting like the two of you are the best of friends and acting upset she was because you're moving. You could only smile away the pain and curse at her internally.

Good riddance, you two-faced bitch.

Furthermore, the other neighbours you've never met before suddenly act as if they knew you. Asking quite a lot of rather intrusive questions such as whether you're getting married to the older man or how come you didn't tell them you had a boyfriend.

Who could blame them though? You are walking down the hallways with this man, who is built with pounds of muscle carved from marbles that could put Micheal Angelo and Zeus to shame. The sexy scar over his lips. It can make your panties so damp and clench your thighs together.

With the way he's eyeing you, you were ready to risk it all, drop your panties and pounce at him.

"Sorry, s'bit of a mess." Toji apologised, stepping aside to let you through, Megumi retreating behind his legs and peeking around; their home is a tad bit dark with the curtains not being drawn, unable to let in the honeyed light. There are scattered toys by the sofas and on the carpeted floor. Rows of recycling by the genkan awaiting to be thrown out. There is a light scent of cigarettes lingering in the air.

Nothing you couldn't fix though.

"It's alright." You reassured Toji. Slipping off your shoes and place them neatly on the shoe rack. You glance up to him, eyes meeting deeply, for a brief moment.

"I'll take you to your room." Toji nods for you to follow him. You smile down at Megumi, sticking out your hand for him.

"Can you hold my hand for me? I might get lost." Megumi looks determined, goes to reach for it and lightly squeezes it. He tugs, leading ahead as you walk past Toji. Your arms brushing against each other.

So, here you are, living with the Fushiguro's. Your room is situated upstairs adjacent to Megumi's, in between Toji's own room and office. Unpacking and organising was the only thing you needed to do and you'd officially moved in.

Speaking of Megumi, he's been following you around like a duckling sneakily, well, at least in his own definition of 'sneaky'. You played along, pretending not to notice him peeking around the corner spying on you when you could noticeably see his soft hair sticking out when he tried to hide behind the wall.

When you finally acknowledge his presence, ask him if he could accompany you to your room while you unpack as you get bored. Megumi jumped, his eyes wide as saucers and mouth hanging open. You knew what that screamed, he thought for certain he was spying on you sneakily, very sneakily.

On another topic, you have noticed the lack of photos from Mr Fushiguro's wife or lover hanging in the hallways, where in contrast were decked out of endless photos when Megumi was still an infant, Toji holding him as he's swaddled into a pinkish baby blanket at what seems like a hospital room, his very first messy meal and bits of mashed peas smothered all over his cheeks, his first time crawling, his first set of teeth, his first steps with the assistance of his Toji and lastly a picture of him and Toji at a zoo. It is very evident that Mr Fushiguro's wife is out of the picture.

With either three outcomes, one he's widower, two the said spouse left the family or three they got a divorce and never got custody of Megumi. Which was neither of your business nor your obligation to ask.

It's a most likely explanation as to why Megumi might be wary yet curious nature towards you, throughout his whole life, had he ever had a healthy female figure in his life. He's longing for a maternal figure and he's experiencing it with you.