𝑰. ── MEMORIES OF AN OLD FRIEND

Start from the beginning

"You don't need to play a game to have the chocolate, Marian. Especially when it's not a game." Indiana pointed, his eyes remained on his father's face. Henry huffed, his face went back to its stern state. "Well, you were only four, junior." He took a few steps, leaving the comfort of his armchair. He handed the chocolate, wrapped in blue flowers, to Marian. A bright smile appeared on her face, her chubby cheeks nearly covering her eyes. 

"Don't call me Junior." Indiana sighed. Henry took one last look at his granddaughter who happily took a gigantic bite from chocolate. He smiled for a second, then his eyes landed on his son's face, his jaw clenched yet his loving eyes fixed on Marian. He was a good father.

"Junior !" Marian blurted out. A warm, heartfelt laugh left Henry's lips as Indiana's face dropped. Little Marian Jones found her new way to have fun.

Doctor Indiana Jones learned that a child can get lost in a museum pretty quickly. He only blinked twice before Marian mingled with the crowd. His heart stopped for a brief second, fear rushing in his veins. There were few options, but all of them had an ending with his dear wife Marion making him regret he was born. At this point, his terrified stage would be an understatement. Then he spotted a blonde head in the sector full of kids. He finally let go of the breath he didn't realize he was holding. His long legs made quick work and he found himself right after her. His hold, maybe a bit harsh, on Marian's arms turned her to him. Her eyes,  never leaving the enormous bones of a tyrannosaurus rex, looked at it in such awe. Doctor Jones had nearly forgotten about his anger. "LOOK AT ITS TEETH." Marian gasped, Indiana couldn't help but chuckle. "IT'S HUGE." My God, Indiana thought, wasn't she so adorable.

Listening to a seven year old talking nonstop about prehistoric creatures wasn't as adorable as Indiana Jones thought. Howard Carnahan, a colleague of his, would laugh and say: "Welcome to fatherhood."  

The raven-haired girl - Evelyn Carnahan, only a year or two older than Marian, wouldn't stop talking about mythologies, specifically Egyptian Mythology. However unlike their fathers, young Marian loved listening to her. She saw something in her eyes, a spark brighter than the stars in the sky, a combination of rays of sunshine and the moonlight. She didn't know then but she had the same spark in her eyes, in her soul as she talked about dinosaurs.

Unfortunately not every invitation had Carnahan's in it. They had Marcus Brody, who mastered the art of disappearing or as he calls, magic. They had Indiana Jones, with his champagne in his hand, he was already looking for ways to avoid people. Sometimes he would join people's chattering and that sometimes would always be when Marian runs after him. There were several times when they had Marion Jones, she had a wide smile on her face, a loving gaze in her eyes yet she didn't have the spark as Marian spoke. But thank God they didn't have baby Henry in it, Marian thought. As much as she loved her brother, all baby Henry did was babbling. And Marian highly suspected that he understood a word she said.

Then they had John Hammond, an entrepreneur, who had a warm welcoming smile on his face. He had a very unique way of dressing, his outfits always in one color. And he had a funny accent that drew Marian close. And who could have forgotten the cane with an empty tip; hilarious, little Marian thought.

"I suppose I haven't seen this young lady in here before…" John stated, he bent down a little. "Oh -  Marian this is John Hammond. Why don't you say hi?" Indiana asked, putting his hand on her back, encouraging her. "Did you know Argentinosaurus was one of the biggest dinosaurs?" Marian said all of a sudden. Indiana furrowed his brows, he searched her face with a confused yet disappointed gaze, that wasn't what he meant. While all John Hammond did was laugh delightedly. "I thought it was the Brachiosaurus." Marian shook her head, a smile covered her face. "No, they're the longest! " She corrected.