"Not in front of all these people... It's just too embarrassing!"

"I'll be there for you."

"..."

Falling into silence, Subaru felt the boot pinning him on the ground shift off of him. The sounds of heel clicks sounded closer until he could feel her presence over his head.

Looking up, Subaru was met with a kneeling lady. Wearing her classic military sailor's uniform with a smirk radiating her confidence. He can see a hint of amusement and maybe excitement in there as well.

"Well, Subaru Natsuki? Are you going to wear that dress for me?"

Under her amber gaze and knowing grin, Subaru can only drop his forehead to the marble floor and groan in despair.

A triumphant Crusch simply beamed while patting the boy's head.

How did he get here?

Betrayal.

It's been a month since Emilia had sent him to serve under Wilhelm Van Astrea. It was a deal made between Crusch and his lovely silver-haired master to have Subaru serve as a squire of sorts to Wilhelm as to train himself by the old man's teachings and grow as a knight. It was a sign of trust and friendship between Emilia's and Crusch's camps. Suggested by Roswaal right after Subaru had managed to save everyone from the archbishops of the Witch Cult including the Gluttony and Greed bishops that were attacking Rem and Crush before he departed to fight Sloth. The White Whale, Great Hare, Sanctuary trouble, and mansion attacks were much easier to conquer with Rem, Emilia, Wilhelm, and Beatrice by his side. He had gained friends in Otto and Garfiel. His gate was almost shattered but not quite. He was almost forced to break it had it not been for Wilhelm's help.

After he'd been knighted, he was shipped off to the Karsten household immediately. Greeted immediately by a congratulatory Felix, a proud Wilhelm, and a smirking Crusch.

As per the agreement between the two allied camps, Subaru trained under the old man all day for a month. He had struck a golden friendship with the Sword Demon, even got the old veteran to smile on occasion. Subaru also managed to gain a favorable friendship with the healer of the household. Even earned free treatment sessions since Felix wouldn't let his friend go about with such a miserable Gate condition.

As for the Duchess of the house, the beauty hard struck in command, Subaru was surprised to have been an instant hit with the lady. She had him run a few errands, barely had she spent a moment of free time without him by her side since she calls for him every time. She found it more interesting to hear about his old home (or world should he say) rather than spend her time alone in the office.

Subaru's greatest feat during his time in this mansion was making the lady open up more to him. Or that's how he saw it.

The Karsten head was more compassionate and humorous than he had believed. Laughing and enjoying playful challenges from various games he had taught the camp members.

He was feeling really welcomed here. He didn't even feel in danger of being killed in his sleep because some of the members didn't like how he smelled...

But he shouldn't have gotten too comfortable. One day, spending time with Felix after a treatment session, the boy dressed as a girl continued to act all cute and adorable while teasing Subaru it truly made the boy's nerves grind.

So... Subaru being a Subaru... decided to beat the cutesy cat boy at his own game.

And that's how Felix the cat was catfished by Natsumi Schwartz, the newest hot richman's daughter that was 'lost' inside the Karsten household.