9.

WHO COULD SAY THAT THEY SAW US COMING?

— WHO COULD SAY THAT THEY SAW US COMING?❞

| TSUKISHIMA KEI |

Nervous.

Tsukishima was quite nervous as he was waiting for Shōyō in the garden. What has even happened to his old self? Did he seriously wake up this early to just ask out a boy? A boy he really disliked a couple of weeks ago. He huffed out in annoyance as Shōyō took his sweet time to get there.

"Tsukki!"

Tsukishima gulped, his eyes fixated on the short boy who skipped his way towards him. He noticed how Shōyō's hair bounced around as he trotted, looking so bright and fluffy. Shōyō is definitely the living embodiment of the sun on the earth. As he got closer to him, Tsukishima could feel his cold replaced by a comfortable warmth, his ears filled with Shōyō's sweet chuckle. He seemed in a good mood.

"What got so chipper?"

"You."

It was a simple answer. It meant the world to Tsukishima. Shōyō was all wrapped in one so many beautiful things. Luckily, he happened to come into Tsukishima's life, basking the taller boy in his warmth.

Softly, he smiled. "I want you to always be happy."

"Isn't that impossible, Tsukki?" Shōyō asked with a confused stare. "I want you to be happy forever too, you know?" He stepped even closer, his hair seemed even more lively as the sun rays touched them.

God, Shōyō really was his sun.

"Anyway, um, why?"

"What why?" Tsukishima asked. He put his hand out for the orange haired boy, signaling him to hold it. Another wave of warmth washed over his body as Shōyō's much smaller hand slipped in his hand.

"My hand fits in yours. Snug like a bug." Shōyō pointed out with an excited smile, positively glowing with the new action.

The taller boy laughed at the exclamation, pulling Shōyō along with him. As they walked across the garden, Shōyō took the opportunity to look around and take in the beauty. The place was lush green with several patches of flowers here and there. Garden birds were chirping merrily and a few were flying.

"I think this place is good. Free from any stray eyes." Shōyō's eyebrows furrowed at the statement. What did Tsukishima mean?

"Huh?"

The blonde chuckled at the cute, confused exclamation. Seriously, he was whipped. Not that he was going to readily show his soft side to anyone. "You want the repeat of events?"

Shōyō understood the hint and hastily shook his head. "No."

"Good," Tsukishima pulled him closer to a tree, gently guiding the smaller one by his shoulders one to stand against the tree. "I have something to ask you, Shōyō."