𝟬𝟬𝟯: don't fall for the straights

Start from the beginning

"It could be a front," Monet suggested. "Get us all to like her and then stab us all in the back, but literally instead of metaphorically."

Aki, with his pink shaven hair, slid into the seat beside Audrey. He swung his arm over her shoulder, pecking a kiss on her cheek. "Hey guys, what'd I miss?" Eva suddenly had the urge to look away, so she did, training her eyes on Max.

Max made eye contact with her, his eyebrows furrowing slightly, a crease appearing in between them. Eva rose her eyebrows, as if to say stop doing that, and Max tilted his head down as if to ask are you okay.

"Zoya Lott is a murderer," stated Luna, popping one of her disgusting zucchini chips into her mouth.

Aki gasped. "What the fuck?"

Max hadn't stopped looking at her, and he suddenly stood up. With a discreet motion of his hand, he told Eva to follow him, and the two walked over to the brick archway that separated the courtyard from the inside of the school as the rest of their friends passionately discussed Zoya Lott.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked, crossing his arms and propping his foot up on the brick. "You were looking at me all weird."

"Am I not allowed to look at you now?" countered Eva.

"Look at me all you want, I'm easy on the eyes, but you were, like, tense."

"Tense?"

"Yeah, like you wanted to up and run away."

"I did not want to 'up and run away', Max."

"I'm just sayin', that's how it looked."

"Okay, thanks?"

"You're welcome. Now, are you good? Because something was definitely going on, you can't lie to me."

"Yes I can. I've lied to you before."

"Please. You have a tell."

"Oh god."

"Sorry to be the one to break the news."

"What is it?"

"You clench your jaw."

"How do you know that's not me being angry?"

"You could be lying about who's driving you home from school and you'd still do it."

"Great. That's fantastic."

"Yeah. So tell me what's going on."

"I don't know. Aki sat down and then I just wanted to leave."

Max glanced over at their friends on the other side of the courtyard. They were sitting around the round table, Julien perched at the top, everyone else sitting around her. Aki's arm had stayed around Audrey's shoulders, pulling her in so her head rested on his shoulder. The beginnings of a smirk appeared on Max's lips, slowly looking back at her. His eyes darted back and forth between Eva and the couple, looking at her reactions. 

"Evangeline, do you have a crush on Audrey?"

"What? No, no way!"

"You sure?" The smile spread into a wide grin, Max's pearly whites glinting in the sunlight.

"I'm positive, motherfucker. Where did you even get that from?"

Max ignored what she said. "I have to get to class."

"No," Eva groaned, stomping her feet after him. "Don't go!"

He was already walking away, but before he disappeared from sight, he called back, "Don't fall for the straights, Thornton!"

For the rest of the day, Eva couldn't stop thinking about what Max had said, and she decided It wasn't true. He was projecting his crush on Aki onto her, so she'd break the two of them up. Ha. It wasn't going to happen, Max. 

Talk of Gossip Girl still didn't dissipate, even by her last period of the day. It honestly annoyed her. After all of their lessons in cyberbullying and gossip from the guidance counselor, how come the students were all so excited to participate in it? Eva's publicist sent her a text as she was in the car driving home, asking her if she had any dirt or secrets that could be used against her. She quickly told her no, but to be honest, she wasn't quite sure. 

Eva refused to participate in drama in order to keep her reputation pristine, but she wasn't always like that, especially in the early days of her fame. 

Her father being a being fashion designer and her mother a world renowned doctor put her on the map at a very young age, finally gaining public recognition at around eleven. By fourteen, she had engaged in countless scandals, her career then on the line. She had to clean up her act, and so she did. Two years later, she was completely unproblematic, the majority of her friends — besides from Julien — being normal students. It kept her sane, kept her from making terrible mistakes.

Well, sometimes. 

The question now would be if Gossip Girl would be able to uncover her secrets, and it was highly doubtful. So now, she'd just sit and wait, watching the world around her crash and burn. 

authors note

authors note

HEEEEEYYY CHAPTER THREE!!!!! ik its a little rushed towards the end but i kinda ran out of ideas lol and it was getting long

I just wanna thank u all again for the insane amount of love and support and views and comments and votes you have all given me this is fucking crazy and i love u all so SO SO much

i apologize for the amount of time this took to get up, i started school last thursday so since like last monday its been a lot of rushing around trying to get stuff done for school but now i'm getting into a routine w school so hopefully ill be able to update more often :)) no promises though LMFAO

i love you

9/13/21