5

Chapter 5

Paysley decided she would go down early hoping to keep Fenton and Jackson apart. She did not want him to slip about Lady Morgan and John. To her joy the Duke was just pulling up in front of the townhouse. He would not get time to talk with Fenton. To Jackson's surprise Paysley walked out of the house ready to go to work. He did not have time to get out and escort her properly. He did notice she looked extremely beautiful today she was wearing a violet dress that matched her eyes.

"Good morning Paysley I trust you slept well?"

"Good morning your Grace. I did sleep well thank you for asking."

"I thought last night we went past you using my title. I am just Jackson."

She smiled at him she liked using his name it did funny thing's to her insides.

"Good morning Jackson. I hope you had a restful night?"

He had no rest all he kept thinking about is all the things she had learned from Burton's book. He told his butler Cameron to acquire a copy for him. He could not have the Chit know more than he did about men and women.

"I had a restless night I am afraid."

"I hope you are not ill. If you feel ill perhaps Wesley can look you over and finds what is ailing you. "

The last thing Jackson wanted was Wesley telling him what was ailing him. He bloody well knew it was this young girl. She had gotten under his skin, and if Wesley said something out loud about it he would have to actually deal with these feelings instead of ignoring them. He needed to keep this professional until at least after they solved the case. But each day he saw her it was like a day in the light which he had not had in a long time. She scared him not even the most dangerous thugs scared him but this little wisp of a girl terrified him. If they did not solve this case soon he could not guarantee he could control the passion she inflicted on him. She pulled him out of his thoughts.

"Jackson is something wrong?"

She placed her hand upon his forehead to see if he was feverish. God help him he took her hand from his head and kissed it. Paysley was both shocked and pleased by Jackson's action but she did not know how to respond she just let him keep doing what he was doing. She wished he would kiss more than her hand, she had been hoping since she met him he would try to kiss her lips. Before he could get that far they arrived at the hospital where Wesley worked.

They entered the hospital looking for the Chief surgeon's office hoping he was in his office instead of making his rounds. Their luck was holding. Wesley the Duke of Islington was in the hall way lecturing David his oldest son for his lack of decorum. Paysley had to laugh David was not known for holding back if he saw something he liked he took it. Many of the girls had been kissed by David in the moonlight she was no exception. Jackson cleared his throat hoping to stop the conversation. Wesley turned to look who was interrupting them. He had forgot a message from Paysley had come saying she needed to talk with him. He ended the conversation with his son but was ready to hurt him when his son used Paysley to make his point.

"You are a Marquis by god start acting like one or take the responsibility and end up shackled."

David turned and gave Paysley a brilliant smile, and she knew exactly what was about to happen. She stepped back hoping to avoid him the last thing she wanted was David to kiss her in front of either Duke. He saw the look of panic on Paysley's face he was not sure what that was all about since they had kissed a few times and she was a damn fine kisser. When he pulled her close to him and planet a kiss on her lips neither of them could help hear both Duke's growl. Wesley called out.

Dolls & Waltzesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें