ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛɪᴛᴛʟᴇ-ᴛᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ

Start from the beginning

Right after that, I scanned through Lucy's with the same expression on my face. She was the one who gave the more specific happenings, always a gossiper despite it through papers. Her routines of naming the things that reminded her of what used to be made my beam drop to a nostalgic one. The residue of their emotions whilst writing still lingered on each words, filling my senses with the feelings they expressed with all their heart. It was just a normal letter of addressing but then the last part of Lucy's letter caught my attention. My eyebrows furrowed as I stared at it for a few more moments before hurriedly folding the two papers.

“Woah, woah, woah, why are we rushing?” Liam glanced at me worriedly, also standing up to somewhat help me pack my belongings.

“Because I'm leaving.” I took the folded clothing I wore earlier, going behind one of the dressing dividers to change.

“This early?” Already finished with the outfit exchange, I got out to receive my bags from him.

“As much as I'd love to stay here and daydream about stabbing all the moles I see on your—”

He trailed right behind me as I made my exit, a grin on his face. “That sounds like a romantic date.”

“Yeah, and I'll use the blood spilling from your wounds to make a lovely painting about a field of roses.” A hearty laugh resonated from him, cracking me to let out a snort.

“Seriously though, I was just going to tell you about the rumours of who they picked for the lead roles of Romeo and Juliet.”

“Do I really need to hear it?” I groaned, attentively walking down the steps of the stairs.

“Well, I suppose you might have already guessed the obvious.” He chuckled, rushing to open the exits for me.

In times like these, the boy wasn't really that of a pure nuisance. William's endeavors these past few months surely caused me to become somewhat less annoyed at his ridiculousness. Although that doesn't mean I don't have anymore murderous thoughts everytime he was near, specially with all his nonsensical attempts to flirt.

“Listen Landon,” I momentarily stopped as we reached the sidewalks, him sighing at the wrong name. “I may not be back for a few days.”

“Trouble in paradise, is it?” Nodded the boy.

“You could say that,” He cracked a small smile, placing his hands inside his pockets. “Also, tell your mother to stop drinking tea. She knows she's allergic to it.”

“I'm not even going to ask how you know that, all I get is a mere cryptic message that I'll never ever get.”

“Just do what I said and you'll still have a mother by the time you're old and grey” I gave him a tiny smile, him blinking at my words.

“Okay, uh . . . thanks?” Patting his shoulder with a small ‘no problem’, I snapped my attention to the sound of impatient honking.

Quickly, my legs then moved to the direction of our vehicle, climbing up to meet the rather annoyed but also proud face of the one and only. I placed my bags safely by the space, giving an innocent expression to my grandfather. Not long after, our ride then started to move.

“That chap still going at it?” Sherlock initiated, a snicker sounding from me at the sight of his sour face.

“Never once has he ever given up, I've learned to just let him be.” I relaxed on my seat, basking under the comforting scent of grandfather's cologne.

“I'd say poor you but as a person who knows you well, poor him,” He laughed at the glare I sent his way, pulling me onto his arms. The usual suit jacket and waistcoat were in order as always, the three items he dare not leave at the house slightly poking my body. “Enough said though, congratulations to you. That was truly remarkable, I must say.”

As you can see, my parents have once again been absent in this scene. But worry not, they were there throughout the whole show. It just so happens that they sometimes get too excited and go home to prepare a very extra huge feast for such small occasion.

But then a thought crossed right through my mind, making me peek at my grandfather from being between his hug. “Say, does this mean I get a present?”

“You're up to something.” He narrowed his eyes right at me, suspicion clear on his judging expression.

“Maybe,” I dragged, slowly unclasping from him while biting my lip. “or maybe not. But I swear it'll only be a simple one.”

“Nothing you ever ask for has ever been simple. We're not even going to talk about that one time you requested for my permission to jump off a train because you wanted to try what your grandmother experienced when she was young.”

“Oh come on, you never even said yes to any of them.” I whined, huffing while crossing my arms.

“Then what makes you think I'll even agree to what you're about to say?” The guy merely raised his brows at me, making me let out a silent scoff.

“I merely want only a few days visit to Cambridge.” His next reply made me pout deeper with a groan, “Have you finally gone mental? Cambridge is at least a good distance away from here!”

Sinking deep into the seats, I sighed heavily in both exhaustion and disappointment. It seems as if all the times he had to say his short goodbyes to me was always when it regarded the Pevensies. Either it be from going off to Professor Diggory's house when the bombings started, or for me to attend the same school as the siblings. And now, which he soon will agree on, it still had a reason concerning the same family.

“After it, I'll no longer ask for anymore things. I promise,” I looked at him with the best look for the situation. “And agree to go with wherever you want these coming holidays.”

Silence ensued after my words, him contemplating on what to do. I quietly hoped for him to reconsider while gazing straight forward, not wanting to feel his hesitant gaze. Then after just a few more minutes, he finally broke the loud ringing of the soundless atmosphere.

“I'm not quite liking how you're growing up very quickly,” Ever since I was little, it marked the start of his release of feelings. Sherlock Holmes has always been rumoured to be an emotionless detective as much as he is a sociopath. That he has no care whatsoever to how others are doing just for him to continue his job. “Just promise me you'll be careful.”

“When was I never?” And with that, I found myself back in his sweet embrace, not taking his rare showcase of this much emotions for granted. It was never common for the legendary man to even exhibit a tinge of vulnerability, much less even let a person see him being one.